LUTHERAN CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION FOR CHRIST
Coordinator for Pastoral Ministry: Job Description
Ephesians 4: 11-13: “It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” (NIV)
Purpose: It is the goal of every position of the professional staff of LCMC to support and encourage the congregations, leaders and pastors of our association for the work of ministry, to engage in mission, and to find their role in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- The purpose of the Coordinator for Pastoral Ministry is to oversee and develop resources for the encouragement of those called to the vocation of ministry, work toward theological integrity across the association, provide a point of contact for congregations in the call process and to make available resources for those who are seeking discernment, help and support in the practice of the pastoral ministry
- Provide leadership and oversight to the work of the Ministry Board
- Leadership Development for the pastors of LCMC: Encourage continuing ed.; uphold and honor theological integrity across the association; develop vocational identity in specialized ministry, administration, and lead pastor for multiple pastor staffs
- Call Process: A resource to call committees; maintain lists of pastors available for interim, pulpit supply, and intentional interim; oversee the certification process with local, district and international application
- Pastoral care as a resource to pastors, develop resources for care for those struggling in ministry with local, district, national and international partners.
- Have a sense of “call” to this area of ministry observed and affirmed by the Body of Christ
- Must pass a criminal and child abuse background check
- Have demonstrated experience and ability to work with others
- Be self-motivated
- Be willing to travel
- Be able to effectively communicate the structure, values and vision of LCMC
- Ordained pastor with at least 10 years experience in a congregational setting
- Be able to articulate a confessional, evangelical theology
- Will report to and be supervised by the Service Coordinator
- This position is assigned to work with the Ministry Board to provide leadership, guidance and direction
- Works “at will” for the Board of Trustees
LCMC Coordinator for Pastoral Ministry
The Board of Trustees is now accepting applications for the Coordinator for Pastoral Ministry. The current job description is available on our website . If you are interested in applying please submit the following to email@example.com.
We are asking for:
- A letter of interest
- Brief answers to the following three questions: a) How would you describe the distinctives of LCMC? b) How would you describe your relationship/interaction with other LCMC pastors? c) Tell us how you see the role of the Coordinator of Pastoral Ministry.
Applications will be received until August 31st, 2017. Final candidates will be interviewed at the October meeting of the Board of Trustees which immediately follows the Annual Gathering and Convention.
Please keep this process in prayer as we seek the Lord’s direction.