St. Paul's Lutheran Church located in Franklin Grove, IL began as a German Lutheran church in 1865. Our church's mission shall be to have Jesus Christ as the center focus of our lives; to become servants of God by serving each other, our church, and our community; to become more like Christ by seeking His directions, by displaying His love, and by studying His word; and to fulfill Christ's Great Commission to go and make disciples of all nations. We hope to find a certified part-time pastor, someone who likes a challenge, is energetic and willing to help us grow. We have a vision to spread the Word to those un-churched in our community as well as the local area.
The original church as been updated many times and has a fellowship hall, kitchen, school rooms and air conditioning. The congregation currently has 50 members and our average Sunday attendance is 15. We have six women who annuallly sew over 200 quilts to support Lutheran World Relief. These ladies also provide assistance to members of our community. Our church serves as a comfort station during the annual Harvest Festival. St. Paul's also supports the Mendota Lutheran Home, a nursing and rehabilitation center that is sponsored by twelve churches in the out-lying area.
The church provided parsonage is located next to the church and is within walking distance of the elementary school. The parsonage has three bedrooms, one and a half baths, and an attached two car garage. This recently remodeled home is move in ready for a new pastor and family.
Two members and the pastor of the congregation sit on the board of the Franklin Grove Area Community Church Council with five other local churches. This council sponsors the community Lenten services, Easter sunrise service, vacation Bible school, and food boxes at Easter and Christmas as well as monetary help for local citizens, students of the school district and other ecumenical endeavors.
Franklin Grove has a population of 1100 and is known as a friendly, caring village. We are located in a rural agricultural community in northern Illinois on Illinois Route 38 and near Interstate 88. The school district has merged with the neighboring village of Ashton and has approximately 500 students in the district.
Individuals who are interested in leading our small, yet faithful congregation should submit their resume to our call committee chairman, Therese Dickey via email email@example.com or phone 815-456-7071 after 5 p.m.CST with any questions.