Trinity Lutheran Church, an LCMC congregation, is seeking a full-time pastor who will preach and teach the word of God in accordance with Holy Scripture and the Lutheran confessions and will lead us in worship and guide us in proclaiming God’s love through word and deed. The mission of Trinity Lutheran Church is to demonstrate Christ’s Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community. Trinity is the only church in the village with a full-time pastor who lives in the community. Community organizations have access to Trinity’s facility, which is representative of the congregation’s strong commitment to outreach. We are looking for a leader of people with strengths in theology and Christian education, and a leadership style that emphasizes listening, skilled communication, and servant’s attitude. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for reaching young people and young families, have skills in counseling, and enjoy connecting with our homebound and hospitalized members. We also look for someone to help us to develop our spiritual lives and promote leadership and involvement in the church and in our community.
- Birchwood is a recreational and retirement community with access to lakes, woods, farms, resorts and activities including golf, hunting and fishing.
- The Marshfield Clinic, Lakeview Medical Center and Mayo Health System Northland are within 20 miles located in Rice Lake.
- Shopping areas include Rice Lake, Hayward, Eau Claire, and Duluth within 85 miles with many smaller areas closer.
- The Twin Cities is 2.5 hrs away.
- Birchwood Area School System K-12; Birchwood Traditional School (Elementary, Middle School, High School), Birchwood Public Montessori (PK-6th grade), Birchwood Blue Hills Charter School (7-8th grade), and Bobcat Virtual Academy (K-12th grade).
- UW Barron County and Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College are located within 20 miles.
- Lumber industry with Masonite (formerly Birchwood Best).
- Retired persons with great commitment to church working alongside many younger families for church activities and outreach.