Position: Associate Pastor of Engagement Ministries
Hosanna! Lutheran Church
St. Charles, Illinois, United States
Associate Pastor of Engagement Ministries
- Address: 36W925 Red Gate Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60175
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Pastor John Nelson
- Phone: 630.584.6434
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Associate Pastor
- Position Title: Associate Pastor of Engagement Ministries
- Position Type: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF ENGAGEMENT MINISTRIES
Hosanna! Lutheran Church, St. Charles, Illinois
Hosanna! is a large, vibrant member of the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). The church is 35 years young and we firmly believe the best is yet to come. We are committed to helping people connect with Christ and one another and those in need, and we do this as one, with a joyful and hopeful spirit.
PURPOSE: To serve Christ through Hosanna! by developing, coordinating, and administering effective and comprehensive ministries to strengthen the organizational culture of invitation to engage members and non-members alike in the mission and ministry of the church. The Associate Pastor will be providing leadership to and supervision of those involved in these ministries working in cooperative partnership with other staff, leaders, and ministry teams, following the vision of the Senior Pastor.
REPORTS TO: Hosanna!’s Head of Staff, the Senior Pastor
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Organize, develop, and implement a creative invitational ministry for those who do not have a church home. This may include: evangelism events, invite-a-friend weekends, special weekends, partnership communication with various ministries, and developing communications.
2. Oversee, encourage, delegate, and engage members and visitors alike in our many outreach ministries, both locally and globally, as we care for the least, lost, and last and deliver the hope of Jesus Christ into their lives.
3. Organize and develop the small group ministry of the church, training leaders, providing materials, and resourcing the groups which include both discipleship and evangelistic elements; types of groups might include: Bible studies, support groups, common interest groups, service-oriented groups, life situation based groups, and geographic/neighborhood groups.
4. Develop and implement one-time and short-term faith development classes, seminars, and events which could include: leading such courses personally, bringing in outside guest expert speakers, video and web conferences, retreats, and partnering with other service organizations and/or churches.
5. Establish ministry and personal goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, being a good steward of the church’s resources, and evaluating progress regularly.
6. Assist in worship and preaching the Word of God (sermon series are used).
7. Conduct care visits to hospitals, care facilities, and homes.
8. Conduct baptisms, weddings, and funerals, providing appropriate preparation and support.
9. Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other leadership activities.
10. Continue to develop leadership skills and strengthen personal faith through continuing education and spiritual days.
11. Represent the church by serving the LCMC and community organizations per need and/or time.
12. As with every Hosanna! staff member, cooperate by performing any other duties when asked to do so, “whatever it takes” to accomplish God’s plans.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: The expectation is for 50 hours per week. Two weeks per month will include two consecutive days off. The compensation package is negotiable and dependent on experience, and includes annual vacation and continuing education and a generous sabbatical policy.
If you or someone you know might be interested in exploring this exciting ministry opportunity, please visit HosannaChurch.com and contact Pastor John Nelson by phone at 630.584.6434, ext. 106 or via email at PastorJohn@HosannaChurch.com.