Position: Director of Children, Youth & Young Adult Ministries
Olivet Beacon of Light Lutheran Church
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
Director of Children, Youth & Young Adult Ministries
- Address: 2100 Bainbridge St, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54603
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Dorothy Payne
- Phone: 608.783.1484
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Position Title: Director of Children, Youth & Young Adult Ministries
- Position Type: Full Time
Full-time Salaried Position
Reports to: Senior Pastor of Worship & Evangelism
Olivet Beacon of Light Lutheran Church is looking for a dynamic candidate to lead our children, youth and young adults into lives of faith, discipleship and service.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- Strong in character. We are looking for a humble learner, a team player, a servant leader, and a person of integrity. You will mentor and serve as a role model for our kids, display compassion for those with needs, and demonstrate patience as we all grow in Christ together.
- Deep in faith and formation. We are looking for a committed disciple of Jesus, with a genuine desire to help us live out God’s mission for Olivet. You will provide opportunities for our youth to discover God’s presence and love through real life experiences.
- Focused on relationships. Developing and strengthening relationship are the primary focus of this ministry. You will seek and maintain meaningful relationships with children, their families, young adults, volunteers and our broader community.
- Outreach oriented. We know without doubt you will care for the kids in our church but you must also have the heart to connect, support, and love children outside of our faith community.
- Creative and adaptable. Youth ministry must be delivered in a way that fits our community and this generation. Come ready to research, learn, experiment, fail, and try again. Be prepared to listen and follow where the Spirit is leading and chart a course forward in ministry. Be proficient in communicating that vision to the kids, volunteer mentors and Olivet faith community.
- Gifted in leadership and administration. You will plan, program, equip others to serve, and direct events, programs and trips. You will facilitate genuine conversations with groups of children, youth, and young adults, as well as parents and adult volunteers. You will share a vision for next-generation ministry with the whole church and invite them along for the adventure!
This position is responsible for the following:
- Direct leadership, development, and execution of ministries for children, youth and young adults. In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision, develop and implement a Christian education strategy and curriculum for the church that supports the overall church mission, vision, and values.
- Recruit, oversee and equip teachers, mentors and other volunteers in children and youth ministry to connect with our kids (pre-K through high school).
- Connect with young adults (18-25) in ways that build community and strengthen faith.
- Be in faith-building relationships with kids and families in our church and engage in welcoming and accepting relationships with kids and youth in our community.
- Provide leadership for planning and implementing children, youth and young adult events that take place, including service opportunities, retreats and mission trips.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, invite them in and involve them in the work of the church.
- Maintain effective communication between church leadership, volunteers, kids and parents.
- Ensure that an effective security and attendance system is implemented and maintained to protect children and youth in the church’s care.
- Promote and sustain intentional, interlocking connections between Kids’ Church, Youth Groups, Adult Education, and the congregation at large. Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Develop an annual budget for the CYYA Ministry and work within the constraints of that budget.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Leadership Team meeting.
- Flexible schedule to be able to attend and oversee events on weekends and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, as needed.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Youth and Family Ministry preferred, or a Master’s degree in a related field.
Demonstrated ability to lead children and youth in faith formation and study of Scripture.
Familiarity with current youth culture and adolescent development.
Leadership experience with proven adaptability, creativity, innovation, and team building.
Obvious passion for youth education, building relationships, communication, and fostering intergenerational perspectives.
Punctual, organized, and great at time-management.
A commitment to the mission and values of the church. Adheres to Staff Covenant.
Subject to a criminal background check.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor and will partner with administrative and worship staff.