Position: Connections Pastor
Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
- Address: 3702 S 370 Plaza, Bellevue, Nebraska 68123
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Dave Miller
- Phone: 402.676.9894
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Connections Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Thanksgiving is a thriving congregation of approximately 1500 members, worshipping 850 on an average weekend. Although Lutheran in its tradition and history, Thanksgiving has an evangelical feel. We are committed to reaching outside the walls of the church with the Gospel. The heart and soul of Thanksgiving is a discipleship movement focused on authentic community and making disciples who make disciples. In fact, our mission at every level is to prepare and equip disciples to go out and make more disciples. We love seeing lives transformed. Therefore, as pastors and staff, we are committed to the transformation process ourselves. We are committed to the inspired Word of God, the historical creeds of the church, and the doctrine that we are saved by grace, through faith, for a life of good works that glorify God.
And at Thanksgiving we believe that Christ has given us a strong vision to live three-dimensional lives, connecting with God, with one another, and with the world.
Thanksgiving is located in suburban Omaha in the city of Bellevue (approx. population 60,000) overlooking the Missouri River. Home to Offutt Air Force Base and U.S. Strategic Command, Bellevue has a large active duty and retired military population. Bellevue is known for strong schools, and for being a tight-knit, diverse community. Located eight miles south of Omaha; it is a dynamic and energetic city that is continually transforming itself. Omaha is home to a number of Fortune 500 companies including: Berkshire Hathaway, Union Pacific Railroad, Peter Kiewit Sons’ Inc. and Mutual of Omaha Companies. Omaha has also had the privilege of hosting the NCAA College World Series for more than 60 years. This ten-day event is a giant fan fest that fills the entire city and is one of many annual events in Omaha.
The role of the Pastor of Connections (PC) is to oversee the connection and discipleship pathways of Thanksgiving under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Thanksgiving and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The PC will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Thanksgiving by meeting people where they are and leading them to next steps. The PC will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend guest services, groups, volunteer teams, and assimilation of new members.
The Pastor of Connections will be responsible for the following:
1.Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Thanksgiving. The PC should reflect a growing personal relationship with Christ. The PC models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The PC strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a Life Group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Thanksgiving by faithfully tithing to Thanksgiving.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Thanksgiving employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
2. Oversight and Execution of First Impressions
Responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests and provides next steps toward connection and spiritual growth:
- Leading, equipping and empowering guest service volunteers (ushers/greeters/traffic ministry/etc.) in providing high impact first impressions.
- Removing roadblocks from a newcomer’s experience in all Thanksgiving services.
- Providing volunteer team with current guest services best practices from innovative customer service focused organizations.
- Ensuring that kiosks, booths, signage and key areas are clear, current, and focused on new people.
- Planning and overseeing guest reception events.
- Ensuring that the guest services team answers questions and provides remarkable customer service on a consistent basis.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that newcomers are plugged in to Thanksgiving.
3.Oversight and Execution of Life Groups Ministry
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help people move from visiting to belonging and growing:
- Developing a systematic and effective effort to generate interest in Life G roups (sign-up areas, brochures, stories, all-church promotions, webpage, etc).
- Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
4.Oversight and Execution of Connection Volunteer Teams
The PC leads people in discovering their God-given shape and helps them plug into a ministry by:
- Creating an environment and system that is conducive for plugging new people into ministry.
- Recruiting, training and empowering volunteer team members.
- Championing the leadership development strategy for volunteers.
- Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
- Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Producing videos, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, etc. about serving at Thanksgiving.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
5. Pastoral Care and Acts
- Provide pastoral care as needed within the congregation
- Perform pastoral acts as needed within the congregation; such as presiding at weddings, funerals, baptisms, preaching, teaching, and representing the congregation at community events.
- Significant amounts of preaching opportunities available.
6. How will Thanksgiving Support you?
- Disciple, mentor, and come along side you to support and encourage you.
- Provide multiple preaching and teaching opportunities.
- Encourage you to be creative, to use technology and social media.
- Provide feedback and goal setting and a support committee.
- Provide an office and a pleasant workplace environment.
- Provide compensation and benefits commensurate with your gifts and experience.
Please send resumes to: Dave Miller (email@example.com)