Clergy Housing Allowance Tax Benefit Available

Are you taking advantage of the clergy housing allowance tax benefit?

Housing allowance is an exclusion from gross income for ministers of the gospel. It is rooted in our nation’s tax history. It allows ordained, licensed, or commissioned ministers to exclude certain housing related expenses from taxable income. You should be taking advantage of this while you are working.

Did you know that retired pastors can also take advantage of the housing allowance tax benefit?

During retirement you may take a housing allowance withdrawal from your LCMC 403(b) Retirement Plan account. But, this is not available from an IRA or other types of retirement plans, only from your LCMC 403(b) Retirement Plan.  So, if you are not participating in the plan – you should start!

For more information about the plan go to at Contact me via email or phone with any questions. 

Annette LaPlant
Phone: (952) 746-1118

Share this post

Log in to add a comment

Click Here For Content Archives