Dear Pastors, Leaders, and Members of LCMC,
At our 19th Annual Gathering and Convention, held in Omaha, NE September 29 – October 2, 2019, our Service Coordinator, Rev. Mark Vander Tuig announced his retirement effective August 31, 2020. Mark has done this so we, as a Board and as an association, can take this time to evaluate and assess both the state of LCMC and the position of Service Coordinator.
In order to prepare for the next chapter in the life of the association, we have engaged a consultant to help us. Bob Logan of Logan Leadership will work with us through this process, which we expect will be complete by the end of 2019. Bob met with the Board of Trustees and the Ministry Board for two days this summer. He has scheduled one-on-one interviews with the staff, others and is organizing video conferences with groups within LCMC. His goal is to gain a broad perspective representing various groups and ministries all across our association.
The timeline for hiring the next Service Coordinator is as follows:
- December—January: The Board of Trustees will review recommendations, make adjustments to the Service Coordinator job description, and set goals for the coming year.
- February—March: The Board of Trustees will open the position to submit resumes and evaluate candidates.
- April—May: Interview final candidates and move to fill the position.
- June: Announce the selection of the next Service Coordinator.
- July—August: New Service Coordinator will work with Mark Vander Tuig and staff.
- August 31, 2020: Mark Vander Tuig completes his service to LCMC.
- October 4, 2020: The next Service Coordinator will be installed at the next Annual Gathering held at North Heights Lutheran Church, Arden Hills, October 4-7, 2020.
Working with Mark these last few years has given me a front row seat to the way he pours his heart into this association of churches. Mark has served us with distinction for a decade; I hope you will join me and the board as we give thanks for Mark’s service and pray for him as he opens a new chapter. More details to come later this year on how you and your church can express your thanks for Mark and his service to LCMC.
Rev. Brodie Taphorn
Chair, LCMC Board of TrusteesLog in to add a comment
Click Here For Content Archives