Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for information on how to join Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ.
The color scheme and design of our updated logo symbolizes our hope as an association of congregations: bringing Jesus to a dark and broken world. The red represents the blood of Jesus bringing light to the world. The color red in the "m" of LCMC emphasizes our focus on mission. As Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ, we are all working together to fulfill Christ's Great Commission in Matthew 28 to go and make disciples of all nations.
If you are interested in planting a new LCMC congregation, check out our Church Planting Information page for a collection of helpful resources to help get you started.
To locate the LCMC congregation nearest you, try our congregation finder tool. Simply enter your location (city and state or zip code), and the distance in miles you are interested in searching within, and click the "Find Congregations" button.
Our Congregational Directory is a helpful tool you are interested in locating or seeking contact information for a specific LCMC church.
- LCMC Directory: We do our best to keep the records in our directories as up-to-date as possible, however we rely on our congregations and pastors to inform us when there are changes in their statistics, statuses, and contact information. If you would like to update information for both the pastoral and congregational directories, please fill out both forms to ensure that your data is processed correctly. Click here to update or correct or update your information as it appears on our website.
- E-Newsletter: To learn more about the LCMC E-Newsletter, including how to sign up or update your email address with us, click here.
Videos and other media from past LCMC events can be found here. New content is typically posted several weeks after an event.
Click here to learn more about pastoral certification in LCMC. Additionally, a collection of resources is available here. Once you have reviewed this information, completed each step of the process, and have been approved by the appropriate member of our staff, you will be eligible to be listed as a certified pastor on our website.
- Board & Staff Members: Contact information for all LCMC Board & Staff members.
- LCMC Congregations: Search our directory of LCMC congregations.
- LCMC Pastors: A directory of certified LCMC pastors.
- Seminarians: A directory of seminary students.
- Seminaries: A listing of seminaries we partner with.
- Districts: Details and contact information for geographic and non-geographic districts.
- Mission Partners: Learn more about the worldwide mission organizations we partner with.
- Resources: Resource organizations recommended by other LCMC congregations.
- Other Partners: Find out more about the other organizations we partner with.
For retirement and benefits information, click here.
Check out our "Statements" page for links to our statements regarding different issues.
Seminarians interested in going directly into a chaplaincy ministry could be called and deployed as a chaplain by an LCMC congregation. LCMC as an association of congregations does not ordain. Congregations do. Therefore the way LCMC handles specialized ministry by a newly graduated seminary student is that that student would be called and ordained in a congregation and then deployed by that congregation to the chaplaincy role. This "deployed" relationship need have no financial or other obligation by the congregation except that the congregation consider the person to be doing ministry in partnership with them, and that the chaplain report to the congregation about the ministry in an agreed upon manner.
Those pastors who already have been ordained and served in ministry can use this "called and deployed" arrangement if they are hired for a chaplaincy position.
We always enjoy hearing about what our congregations are doing, whether it be locally, nationally or internationally. If you have an article that you would like us to consider for publication in the LCMC Blog, you can find out more about the types of articles that we're looking for, as well as a list of guidelines, here.
To submit an article for our quarterly print newsletter, BY THE WORD, please email Joy Minion. Article deadlines for each quarter are published in our newsletter. To download current and previous editions, click here.