St. Peter's Evan. Lutheran Church of Walmore is a 175-year-old Lutheran Congregation. Our Previous Worship and Music Director resigned due to a full-time position closer to their home and are looking for a replacement who is willing to connect with our congregation. We have two regular services on an average Sunday, Advent and Lent services with special services held through the year. We have a small choir that is excited and slowly growing.
More details below:
Department: Worship Ministry/Elders
Report To: Lead/Senior Pastor
Sick Time/Holiday: 3 Paid Sick Days, 2 Two weeks including 2 Sundays.
Instruments: Hinner II Rank Tracker Organ & Roland HP107 Digital Piano
- A committed believer to God, His church and its vision and mission of St. Peter’s.
- Agree with and acknowledge St. Peter’s Statement of Faith.
- Excellent Keyboardist or Organist, if a Keyboardist willing to learn to play church organ. Can play other instruments a plus!
- Excellent Written and Oral Skills
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Experience with worship software is a plus.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism and understands strengths and weaknesses.
- An audition will be required as part of interview.
- A plus familiar with Lutheran Liturgy and Service.
- Attend all church worship services, except school chapel services – Estimated of 120 Services
- To assist the Pastor to Coordinate, oversee and resource the people and logistics for all worship services including:
- Seasonal Services
- Coordinate and Director church Choirs, church music programs not related to Day School.
- Assist Sunday School Superintendent with Special Music programs.
- To assist and help the Pastor to plan Sunday morning services with the consultation of the worship committee;
- Attend worship committee meetings, staff meetings; (Church Council meetings only when requested)
- Recruit, support and resource group leadership in music worship.
- Help plan special and seasonal program to assist lead pastor.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer Church staff in Music and Worship ministry.
- Manage Worship & Music copyright and Library
- Draft, manage budget for worship & music materials needs.
- Has right of first refusal for all services held at the church, except for school chapel services.
- Other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Send Resume to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 7167311439
Mail: St. Peter’s Lutheran Church 6168 Walmore Road, Sanborn NY 14132