A member of the Richland Lutheran Church music ministry team, responsible for providing competent organ and piano talent to assist the congregation in experiencing meaningful worship.
- Serve as organist/pianist as scheduled by supervisor
- Practice music selected for performance to a satisfactory level of proficiency
- Perform with accuracy and appropriate musicality
- Plan and use appropriate repertoire for preludes, offertories, and postludes
- Serve as backup accompanist duties for choirs and other vocalists
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of keyboard instruments, particularly organs/pianos
- Keyboard skills sufficient to play hymns, liturgy, and easy anthem accompaniments at sight
- Ability to perform with accuracy and appropriate musicality
- Knowledge of basic music theory, including simple transpositions or harmonies
- Knowledge of the Lutheran Church with capacity for matching appropriate music with church year themes
- Ability to perform and work with other instrumentalists
- Adhere to RLC standards of conduct for associates in ministry
- Maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs unaided and move objects 40 feet
- Must pass a Washington State Patrol background check
- Aptitudes: Strong musical skills, comfortable performing in front of a group, understanding of and appreciation for the purpose of worship and flow of the service, self-starter and ability to work in team setting with staff and volunteers.
- Temperament: Natural aptitude for working sensitively, empathetically, and tactfully with people; flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations; willingness to pitch in to help others, and receptive to feedback.
Part-time, non-exempt supporting professional