Position Summary: The role of the Campus and Family Pastor, is a hybrid pastoral role. The main focus of the Campus and Family Pastor is to oversee the ministry of the local church as a part of a larger church ministry and to be the main Pastoral Connection to the families with students in our K-8 Christian School.
- Biblical literacy - Lutheran theological understanding and perspective.
- Communication – Professional and Interpersonal (writing, verbal, media).
- Public speaking ability – Preaching, teaching and leading.
- Interpersonal - Ability to connect with individuals/families on a personal basis, conduct. Individual/family prayer needs and encourage participation in worship and ministries.
- Commitment – You will be required to be a pro-active participant in school related events and specific on campus activities to include drop-off and pick-up. Other tasks will be assigned.
Education Preferred – Master of Divinity or equivalency
Experience Needed – 3 Years in full time ministry
Duties and Responsibilities (not considered all-inclusive)
- Lead Weekly Worship, including all preparation and scheduling of participants to include Video and worship presentation.
- Perform Pastoral duties to members and school families including Baptisms, Weddings and Memorials.
- Have direct oversight of and leadership over program ministries: Children, Youth, Bible Studies and Small Groups and special events.
- Develop working relationships with other leaders in the organization which include: Director of Operations, School Principal and our HR, IT and Technology partners.
- Attend mandatory Church Council, Executive Committee and staff meetings.
- Provide comprehensive reports and updates associated with key organizational goals to the Council and Executive Committee on a monthly basis.
- Provide continual member, school and community connections and communications.
- Foster church growth, worship offerings and consistent church attendance.
- Participate in school duties to include but not limited to: weekly chapel, Bible Education, officiating at events and performances.