Position: Youth Director
Christ the King Lutheran Church
Hutchinson, Minnesota, United States
- Address: 1040 South Grade Rd, PO Box 369, Hutchinson, Minnesota 55350
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Steve Olcott
- Phone: 320.587.2776
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Youth Ministry
- Position Title: Youth Director
- Position Type: Full Time
Seeking: Full Time Youth Director for Christ the King Lutheran Church
Philosophy and Overview
We are seeking a full time Youth Director that must be a believer, model and leader in Christ’s church. This person will share the good news of Jesus Christ to all persons, and communicate the joy, justice, grace and acceptance that following Christ brings. The leader will play an integral role in the ministry of support, education, discipleship and welcome to the youth (middle school and high school) of our congregation and community.
Christ The King Lutheran Church is a young, vibrant and growing congregation located in Hutchinson, Minnesota, one hour west of Minneapolis. We have approximately 1,800 members with 670 family units. About 500 members worship each week. There are 20-30 students per grade. Christ the King is Christ-centered, mission-minded and committed to being a family.
The Youth Ministry
As many of the ministries at CTK, youth ministry is a valued and a well-funded ministry. It is an established ministry in a community with approximately 140 middle and high school students. It’s also unique in the sense that it has a strong working relationship with area youth directors that are committed to sharing God’s word. This is a 40-50+ hours per week position that has a competitive salary and benefits. The Youth Director will work with a team of adults to provide both relational and program ministry which includes:
- Youth Night
- Mission Trips
- Ecumenical Outreach
- Confirmation Assistance
Relational Ministry –
- Spiritually nurture youth.
- Build trusted relationships with youth in our church as well as the community through open lines of communication and maintaining confidentiality to the fullest extent possible,
- Love the youth without judging.
- Be present and available, never “too busy” to listen.
- Identify and develop opportunities to mentor youth.
- Encourage both youth and adults to support and carry out effective ministry to others.
- Build upon and enhance an already established youth program that includes worship, learning, fellowship, and service.
- Facilitate weekly Youth Night with music, activity, prayer and scripture study.
- Coordinate and execute youth mission trip(s), including fundraising efforts, vetting mission opportunities and volunteers, and delivering a mission trip worship service.
- Support and participate in community outreach ministry.
- Carry out and model outreach ministry through welcoming youth regardless of membership status or church involvement.
- Work with area youth directors to enrich relationships with community churches and youth programs.
- Solid theological understanding
- Embrace Lutheran doctrine
- BA/BS or 2+ years of equivalent experience (Preferred)*
- Valid driver’s license
Character Qualities –
- Communicate effectively with youth, volunteers, office staff, and members
- Motivated to initiate relationships and ministry
- Organized; manages many projects simultaneously
- Available; present and never too busy to listen
- Flexible; maintains balance of relations and tasks
- Adaptable; able to assess needs of group and make adjustments
We will begin reviewing applications on July 1, 2019. We will continue to accept applications until position is filled.