Job Description: Pastoral Intern
The Pastoral Internship of Faith Lutheran Church is a 10 month to a one year internship with an emphasis on pastoral ministry. This role is designed to train and equip seminary students for pastoral ministry as the intern assists primarily with pastoral needs of our congregation. The internship is intended to be a mutually beneficial partnership between a minister-in-training and our local congregation. We will seek to mentor, support, and welcome the intern to explore and exercise his or her ministry gifts, as he or she finds where God’s calling and the church’s opportunities intersect.
- Have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and an active life of following Him.
- Have a sense that he or she is called to vocational ministry, and a readiness to forsake other options in pursuit of that.
- Have completed or begun the process of formal ministry training (Bible College, Seminary, etc.) with the purpose of pursuing vocational ministry.
- Have valuable ministry experience, with references available upon request.
- Be willing to move into the nearby community and connect with it.
- Have a godly and exemplary home/family life and reputation in the community
- 20 hours of work per week, which could include two full days during the week, plus regular involvement on Sundays.
- Attendance at worship services on Sundays, with some form of visible involvement (can vary: occasional preaching, music & tech, youth and Children’s ministry, greeting).
- Attendance at a regular, weekly ministry event – depending on the Intern’s gifting and fit (Life Group, Youth or Children ministry etc.)
- A regular presence in the church office, balanced with a genuine presence in the community
Salary Range: Position comes with a stipend.
Hours: Part-time; Approximately 20 hours per week.
Application Instructions: Please send resume, and cover letter to email@example.com