The Director of Student Ministries will serve Faith Lutheran Church, and the middle school and high school students by working under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor, with the purpose of leading them in their faith journey.
· Plan, promote and lead weekly activities and special events for students.
· Participate and provide leadership for the annual summer mission trip.
· Work with Lead Pastor to establish strategic goals and vision for Student Ministry of Faith Lutheran
· Plan and teach in the weekly Sunday evening program.
· Attend and participate in weekly church staff meetings.
· Develop informal relationships with students.
· Bi-weekly gathering with Lead Pastor for study, reflection, evaluation and training.
· Contribute to the recruiting and training of volunteers.
· Work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
· Ability to take direction and listen, posture of a learner.
· Ability to lead students in worship, i.e. play guitar/keyboards etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
· Youth leadership and teaching experience preferred.
· Effective time management, flexible schedule, including varied daily hours to meet program and informal ministry needs.
· Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ and Gods work in the world.
· A love for children and youth and a desire to see them grow in their Christian faith.
· Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
· Willingness to seek God’s direction in ministry.