Immediate opening for a Senior Pastor
St. John’s Lutheran Church, which is located in Gillett, WI, is currently seeking a Senior Pastor to lead and guide us. Under the authority and direction of the congregation and Church council, this position leads and equips the congregation to grow in their faith and faithfulness. The Senior Pastor represents the church through a commitment to character, excellence, details, and flexibility.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serve as worship leader, congregational advisor, and spiritual director for the staff and congregation of St. John’s.
- Attend Church council meetings
- Maintain and grow connections with other local congregations
- Maintain and help grow connections with the community
Preaching & Leading Services
- Serve as primary preacher of the congregation.
- Prepare sermons that are Bible based and Faithful to the teachings of the Bible.
- Provide any additional assistance to ensure quality, Gospel-centered worship services
- Pastoral Care
- Perform baptisms and funerals as needed
- Provide pastoral counseling and home/hospital visitation as needed
Education & Background
- Preferred: certified or willing to be certified in the LCMC
- Must be faithful to the teaching of the Bible and practice the faith in your personal life
- Contract Call; Salaried
- Vacation/Sick Days, benefits, etc. negotiated with the Church council
For more information on St. John's or if you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: