Position: LCMC Service Coordinator
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ
Canton, Michigan, United States
LCMC Service Coordinator
- Address: 7000 N Sheldon Rd, Canton, Michigan 48187
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Brodie Taphorn
- Phone: 614.451.3736
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: LCMC Service Coordinator
- Position Type: Full Time
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (www.lcmc.net) is seeking to call a new Service Coordinator. This is an exceptional and rare opportunity for a dynamic and experienced leader to join with a large, healthy, well-prepared association of congregations to love, lead, and inspire them toward the next season of missional impact.
Established in the fall of 2000, LCMC is a worldwide association with 767 congregations in the US with 185 congregations outside of the US. We are an association of churches committed to being: 1. Free in Christ 2. Accountable to one another 3. Rooted in the Scriptures and Lutheran Confessions 4. Committed to working together to fulfill Christ’s great commission.
The Big Idea
The incoming Service Coordinator will view the various components of the association with fresh eyes. He or she will work with staff and congregational leaders to engage strategies or innovations that will catalyze fresh momentum that inspires LCMC to the next level of Kingdom influence and impact.
The purpose of the Service Coordinator, along with LCMC staff and The Board of Trustees is to support and encourage congregations, leaders, and pastors for the work of ministry, to engage in mission, and to find their role in fulfilling the Great Commission. As the Chief of Staff the Service Coordinator is to offer vision and leadership for the association. The Service Coordinator will seek opportunities and resources to train and equip people; develop and expand the association and its networks (ie. districts, fellowships, and emerging groups); and represent LCMC, as directed by the Board of Trustees, in relationships with other Lutheran church bodies, both domesticly and internationally.
Preferred Outcomes of the First Year
- Identify the networks within the association that are currently accomplishing the vision and replicate their success within LCMC.
- Facilitate the development of common theological language for mission that respects the Lutheran diversity of this association.
- Facilitate the emerging vision and assemble the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide leadership and vision for the direction of the association in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
- Willing and able to travel as needed.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees and participating in discussion (provide voice, but no vote).
- Represent and communicate LCMC’s mission and purpose to congregations.
- Promote relationships and accountability by representing LCMC and engaging local congregations, pastors, and interested parties.
- Train and equip regional “ambassadors” to help communicate LCMC’s vision and purpose, expanding our reach and influence.
- Encourage the development of and participation in networks (districts and fellowships).
- Support, encourage, and train District Coordinators and network leaders.
- Facilitate an annual meeting of District Coordinators and network leaders.
- Represent LCMC in conversation with other Lutheran church bodies (domestic as well as international) as directed by the Board of Trustees.
- Supervise, develop, and support the work of LCMC’s staff.
- Respond to congregation and individual requests and questions in a timely fashion.
- Emcee the Annual Gathering of LCMC congregations.
- Provide a general session report to the attendees at the Annual Gathering.
- Assist potential congregations through the process of membership.
- Provide new congregations with a working knowledge of the association.
- Personal credibility
- Responds appropriately to constructive feedback
- Models mutual accountability
- Effectively communicates vision
- Creates ownership of ministry goals
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Establishes effective systems
- Maintains a clear focus on The Great Commission
- Execute strategic plans
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- A member in good-standing on LCMC’s clergy list.
- Master of Divinity degree.
- Clear alignment with Lutheran theology and doctrine as described in the LCMC website http://www.lcmc.net/statement-of- faith/231.
- Significant pastoral leadership experience that includes quality preaching, teaching, [CN10] and communicating in a larger context.
- Ten years ministry experience with multiple years of senior leadership in a staff setting.
- Technologically proficient in multiple digital platforms and applications of the internet.
If, after reading this description, you are called to apply for the Service Coordinator position with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ and you feel you meet the qualifications for the role, you are invited to submit the following information for consideration in PDF format only:
- A cover letter
- Resume or CV
Please submit your information to: