Position: Full-time Pastor
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
Reese, Michigan, United States
- Address: 1928 South Reese Rd, Reese, Michigan 48757
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Maria Wagner
- Phone: 989.529.6361
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Full-time Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Greetings from Christ Lutheran Church in Reese, MI,
We are in the process of calling a pastor to join us in our mission at Christ Lutheran Church. Our pastor, Rev. Edward J. Kloos, Jr. Ph.D., passed away unexpectedly on January 31, 2020. Pastor Mark Gerisch has graciously stepped in and is serving as our interim pastor. Our current service is a traditional, liturgical style service with an average weekly attendance of 134 people (pre-Covid). However, we are looking at adding a contemporary service to attract younger families.
Please review the job description listed below. You can also visit our website at https://www.clcreese.com/.
The Leader We Seek
Position: Full-time Pastor
Position Purpose: The Pastor will serve as the primary administrator of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission as the body of Christ. The Pastor’s duties will include the following: to preach and teach the Word of God through different modalities; to conduct public worship; to administer the Holy Sacraments; to provide pastoral care and leadership, with the Church Council, to lead and administer the work of the congregation.
- Bring scriptural concepts and truths into modern day relevance through the use of humor, and personal/anecdotal stories
- Encourage compassion and show others how they can get involved and live more abundant lives as disciples of Christ
- Engage children in our worship
- Be willing to work with lay people
- Have the ability to conduct both a traditional and a contemporary service
- Teach and lead the youth and adults in faith development through the use of the Bible, Luther’s Small Catechism and other Lutheran supported material
- Listen and be able to relate to the youth and their problems
- Be open to new approaches
- To guide and support leaders to carry out their responsibilities
- To inspire and motivate people in developing their talents and abilities
- Visit newcomers to the community to welcome them and provide information regarding services in the community
- Promote church attendance of members
- Get involved; he/she should try to be present at community events so he or she is aware of
what is going on in the area
- Effectively oversee the spiritual affairs of the church
- Experience mutual support through a congregational Staff Support Committee
- Coordinate home visits with shut-ins and making hospital visits with church
volunteers and employees
- Be able to counsel and provide spiritual and personal guidance to the
The village of Reese is a rural, farming community with a population of 1,330 people. It is located mainly in Tuscola County with a small portion existing in Saginaw County. Reese, home to the Reese Rockets, provides both public and private (K-8) educational opportunities for families with one main high school.
The community offers many fun family events including an Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Car Show, Music at the Gazebo, and Christmas Walk. Reese has a large community park with youth baseball & softball league fields, tennis and basketball courts, a skate park, and two playgrounds.
Reese is located within 30 minutes of Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, and Frankenmuth.
We are excited about the next journey God has planned for us at Christ Lutheran and need a leader to help us achieve His plan. We ask you to prayerfully consider our pastoral call. If you are interested in our pastoral position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.