United Emmanuel Lutheran Church is seeking a full-time pastor who would enjoy leading a dynamic and loving rural congregation in Central Kansas. Our pastoral candidate must be certified with the LCMC or be willing to seek certification as we joined the LCMC as a congregation in July 2019.
The origins of our congregation date back to the mid 1880’s when it was founded by faithful Lutheran Germans and Germans from Russia. We are presently worshiping 30-50 in a single Sunday service with Easter and Christmas reaching 140-150. UELC also hosts a Memorial Day Service with attendance reaching 80-90 people. UILC enjoys an active Sunday School program raging from pre-school to adult classes.
UELC is located in the unincorporated community of Milberger, Kansas, approximately 13 miles south and west of Russell, Kansas, and approximately 21 miles north and west of Hoisington, Kansas. As we are centrally located, we draw congregants from both communities and the surrounding rural area.
Russell is a community with a 2019 estimated population of 4,423 with an active retail offering, superb K-12 School system, and new hospital. Hoisington is a community of 2,470 people. It also has excellent school and healthcare systems. In addition to Russell and Hoisington, our location is also serviced by the larger cities of Great Bend, KS (32 miles), Hays, KS (38 miles) and Salina, KS (86miles)
UELC seeks a pastor that will lead and inspire the congregation through a personal example of a life dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ, in addition to:
- Biblical based preaching and teaching faithful to Lutheran theology of Law and Gospel, the Augsburg Confession and other articles of the Lutheran faith outlined in the Book of Concord.
- Administer the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion as well as the rites of Conformation, the rite of Holy Matrimony, the rite of Funeral or Memorial Service,
- An ability to help believers grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Promotion of a family life ministry that is effective in meeting the needs of members of all ages.
- Assist in recruiting and equipping leaders from within the congregation.
- A dedication to counseling, visitation and ministry in crisis.
- Increasing the energy level, sense of purpose and participation for the various church ministries.
We encourage you to call or e-mail us to begin a conversation concerning your possible role as our next pastor. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. All interested parties will be given the honor of a telephone interview as an early step in our evaluation. All interested parties will be kept apprised of their progress in our evaluation process.