Greetings from Christ Lutheran Church located in beautiful Odessa, Washington.
German Russian immigrants settled in Odessa around the turn of the century. Christ Lutheran Church was established in 1901; our current church building was constructed in 1958. Odessa is a small rural community. Our church family is trusting Christ for our next pastor who will shepherd us as the body of Christ.
- Currently a faithful, dedicated interim pastor and lay people are serving our congregation.
- Sunday services rotate traditional and contemporary styles.
- Adult Bible Studies, Youth Sunday School and Confirmation classes are offered.
- The Church Council is encouraging and supportive; meets regularly.
- Music is shared through the praise group called Crab Creek and organist.
- Active participation in Odessa Community Ministerial Association (OCMA).
- Several missions are sponsored at local, state, and international levels.
- A beautiful parsonage is available next to the church building.
Odessa Christ Lutheran Church is in beautiful Eastern Washington.
- Our community is a safe place to raise a family.
- Odessa School District is an award-winning school both academically and athletically.
- Our local medical facility is a 25-bed critical access hospital with Life Flight access.
- Several local businesses serve Odessa as well as the Odessa airport and industrial park.
- Odessa is nearby to larger cities for major shopping and appointments.
- Washington State airports located close by in Spokane, Pasco, and Seattle.
- Activities available such as day trips to Grand Coulee Dam and Palouse Falls.
- Sporting access to fishing, hunting, hiking, water activities and snow skiing.
Christ Lutheran Church is family oriented and seeks the Lord’s guidance as we serve Him in our daily lives. We pray for our future pastor to:
- Preach and teach God’s Holy Word and be a Christian role model for our community.
- Lead weekly Sunday worship as well as special worship services.
- Coordinate with the church council and congregation.
- Instruct lay people to assist as needed.
- Minister to shut-ins and those in assisted living facilities and make hospital visits.
- Lead in the confirmation process, organize, and support youth programs.
- Actively participate in the O.C.M.A.
We ask God’s blessings as we place this Call into His hands. Amen
Please send your detailed resume to email@example.com