Position: Director of Administration
American Lutheran Church
Prescott, Arizona, United States
Director of Administration
- Address: 1085 Scott Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301
- Affiliation: LCMC / NALC
- Contact: Pamela Burmood
- Phone: 520.307.0628
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Administration
- Position Title: Director of Administration
- Position Type: Full Time
American Lutheran Church
Division/Department: Parish Life, Leadership Team
Job title: Director of Administration
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Flexibility is anticipated due to the nature of working with congregational members; however, the position will have specific office hours each week.
Type of position:
Hours minimum of 40 /week
Provide staff leadership, direct supervision, and coordination for parish administration and parish programs. Promote participation of membership in congregational and community events. Responsible for ALC Administrative Ops budget development, publicity, communications, parish records, and new members and ministries. Knowledge of Quickbooks and accounting practices.
Previous Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of leadership in staff management, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Minimum 5 years congregational leadership, especially the development of new ministries, volunteer recruitment and supervision, and organization of special events.
- Minimum 5 years of Team building
- Minimum 5 years general office administration, budget oversight, and financial reporting preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Minimum 5 years general oversight of property, equipment, and building maintenance and inventories.
- Minimum 5 years of communications and publication experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources management.
- Minimum 5 years in word processing, Internet, desktop publishing, graphic design, and data entry.
- Minimum 5 years of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Minimum 5 years general problem-solving.
- Minimum 5 years of understanding, negotiating, and overseeing vendor contracts.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Demonstrates ongoing, prayerful, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Fully supports the vision and Confession of Faith of ALC.
- High regard for the authority of Scripture; theologically conservative.
- Conversant with and supportive of Lutheran doctrine.
- Ability to recruit, support, and work with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the growth of his/her spiritual gifts through personal study and continuing education events.
- Demonstrates proficiency in general office record-keeping.
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to team-building with staff.
- Professionally organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality, discretion, and loyalty.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Oversee payroll and benefits for employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business Management and/or Ministry Leadership.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Administrative or General
- Oversee parish administration and programs.
- Participate in Leadership Team, Staff, Human Resources Committee, Finance Committee, Audit Committee, Church Council, and Coordinator Advisory Committee meetings as needed.
- Provide monthly reports to Church Council.
- Responsible for creation and/or oversight of ALC publicity and congregational communications (e.g. mailings, newsletter, bulletins, website, Facebook, display ads, radio/TV/internet advertising).
- Oversee church records (e.g. property, membership, insurance, financial).
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Coordinate the hiring and training processes for new employees.
- Manage inventory and problems with the computer network.
- Manage custodial duties and custodial staff schedules.
- Oversee scheduling of church facilities, Parish Life staff, and equipment needs of staff and congregation.
- Manage inventory and problems with office equipment and audio-visual equipment.
- Manage building and property issues in cooperation with Council Coordinator of Property & Assets.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget with the Finance Committee.
- Maintain office hours.
- Monthly reporting of P&L and budgets to ministry leadership and council.
- Supervision of Parish Programs and volunteers associated with programs.
- Coordinate new member orientation sessions.
- Lead task forces for special congregational and/or community events.
- Facilitate new member assimilation as directed.
- Propose new adult ministry needs to Church Council Executive Committee.
- Manage the development and implementation of new adult ministries as needed.
- Serve as a resource to ministry leaders and staff in their respective volunteer recruiting efforts.
- Direct supervision of full-time and part-time employees and contract workers.
- Human resources staff liaison for all employees.
- Select, develop, and motivate staff to accomplish position objectives and responsibilities and direct their development through observation, counsel, and training.
- Conduct performance appraisals at least annually and administer salaries within the guidelines established by the HR Committee and Church Council.
- Counsel staff on strengths and weaknesses and establish management development plans as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain good employee relations.
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget for Administrative Ops, Advertising, Special Events, Parish Programs, Prayer, and Library departments.
- Monitor departmental revenue and expenses monthly. Good understanding of Quickbooks and Excel.
- Approve budget changes among line items within the department.
- Monitor the ongoing matters of theology, personnel, finance, property and building, programs, and schedule.
- Determine or delegate all procedures relating to policies to appropriate Council members.
- Recommend or request personnel position changes or request new positions to Executive Committee.
- Recommend employee salary and benefit changes to the Executive Committee.
- Recommend budget cuts to Finance Committee when required.
- Supervise volunteer coordination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
The church is currently practicing social distancing and wearing masks.