Position: Family Life Director or Pastor
New Life Lutheran Church
Sterling, Illinois, United States
Family Life Director or Pastor
- Address: 702 W Lynn Blvd., Sterling, Illinois 61081
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Ben Anderson
- Phone: 815.631.1999
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Associate Pastor
- Position Title: Family Life Director or Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Ministry Position Overview: Family Life Director/ Pastor
- New Life Lutheran is a healthy, vibrant, growing Lutheran church located in Sterling, Illinois in the heart of the Sauk Valley. We pride ourselves in being a church that is willing to do anything it takes to reach people with the good news of Jesus Christ to bring his transformation into their lives and into the lives of everyone that God has intentionally placed in their path.
- Over the last number of years, God has richly blessed our church’s ministry, and it is time to expand our ministry team. We are looking for ministry partners who internalize our core values of Biblically and missionally based Lutheranism, an openness to innovation to reach more and more people for the cause of Christ, a strong desire for excellence in their craft to honor God, and a heart for relational ministry as we equip the saints for service.
- The new role of Family Life Director or Pastor (based on education and ordination) will enhance our mission and actualize our vision by inviting church members to service within our student-age and younger ministries and partner with parents/guardians to raise their children in the faith by utilizing Orange Curriculum (or comparable curriculum) for our pre-K through senior high levels.
- Weekly lead the Pre-K through 3rd-grade volunteer ministry team.
- Weekly lead the 4th through 5th-grade volunteer ministry team.
- Weekly lead the 6th through 8th-grade Confirmation/Youth Group volunteer ministry team.
- Weekly lead the 9th through 12th-grade volunteer ministry team.
- Weekly provide online curriculum for families.
- Weekly track attendance for our Pre-K through 12th-grade ministries through our church management software Breeze.
- Weekly advertise for our Family Life ministries through our bulletin, social media, website, e-mail, and other effective means.
- Weekly re-engage with families and children that have been disconnected.
- Monthly concisely advertise for our Family Life ministries through our monthly newsletter.
- Monthly or bi-monthly participate in our weekly children’s sermons.
- Monthly invite new volunteers to utilize their gifts for ministry.
- Annually coordinate a Vacation Bible School or alternative summer opportunity to reach our younger community members.
- Annually provide opportunities for family/children’s camp and/or mission trips.
- Annually fundraise for ministry trips.
- Annually coordinate our annual Children’s Christmas Program.
- Annually create bridge events for students who are transitioning to new ministries.
- As needed, process new volunteers through our Risk Management Training.
- As needed, order new curriculum.
- All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor to support the Ministry Team.
- Needs to have a mature and growing relationship with Christ.
- Needs a college degree or commensurate ministry experience in children’s ministry, youth ministry, education, or family ministry.
- Needs to subscribe to and affirm New Life Lutheran’s Statement of Faith.
- Needs strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Needs to be “All-In” on New Lutheran and what we are doing for our King!
- Needs to be a self-motivated, hard worker who can succeed with minimal supervision.
- Needs to be able to produce results, not excuses.
- Needs to be able to see accountability as an opportunity.
- Needs to be able to invite people to use their gifts for ministry.
- Needs to be organized and clearly express expectations for our volunteer staff.
- Needs to be able to train volunteers so that they can have success in their area of service.
- Needs to be a team player who is willing to support and assist our Ministry Staff outside their realm of expertise or responsibility.
- Our full-time Ministry Staff is expected to work 45-55 hours per week with our goal being to develop an efficient team atmosphere that allows us to live near that 45 hours/week mark.
- Of these hours, our team is expected to maintain on-campus office hours from 8:30a-3:00p, Monday-Thursday consisting of 26 hours.
- On Sundays, our full-time Ministry team is expected to serve at the church from 6:30a to 1:00p consisting of another 6.5 hours.
- This leaves our full-time Ministry Staff 12.5 hours to 22.5 hours to accomplish ministry goals in a flexible manner by living out their mission early in the morning, late at night, at home, from a coffee shop, etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- We strive to provide competitive salaries and benefits for our Ministry Staff based on their qualifications and experience utilizing churchsalary.com to make sure that our staff members are fairly compensated within our means.
- Each full-time Ministry Staff member is also given a retirement package based on relevant education.
- Each full-time Ministry Staff member is given 3 weeks of un-bankable vacation to maintain personal health.
- Each full-time Ministry Staff member is given 1-week of bankable sick leave for emergencies.
- Each full-time Ministry Staff member is offered additional compensation to seek health insurance.
- Each full-time Ministry Staff member is provided with dental, eye, life, and disability programs.