Zion Lutheran Church
Manawa, Wisconsin, United States
- Address: 157 N Bridge Street, Manawa, Wisconsin 54949
- Contact: Jane Suehs
- Phone: 920.596.2123
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Pastor
- Position Type: Part Time
Job Description for Part-time Pastor
We are looking for a part-time pastor who is a servant-leader to join our team and life with us. The ideal person would be someone who is a captivating leader, can build and lead a congregation, has a high level of interpersonal skills and create exciting and passionate worship experiences.
We would love to find someone who can help bridge the gap in the generations in the church. There is a need to be able to help all age groups to: find, understand and enjoy the Lord’s message. We would love to find someone that can lead our services with the tradition of an Evangelical Lutheran church and yet bring an updated spirit to our services.
We are a church in a rural small town…but we don’t lack for enthusiasm and passion to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Work week will consist of approx. 15-20 hrs to perform a combination of the following:
- Sunday Service
- Visiting Congregation members
- Office Time
- Specialty Services (example...Christian holidays, Lent, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Bible Study class
- Weekly Confirmation Classes
- Attend Monthly Committee Meetings.
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the LCMC and our church constitution
- Accept and follow our church’s core values and characteristics (see our statement of faith)
- A missionary heart for our small city of 1200 and the surrounding area
- Able to articulate and apply a Lutheran philosophy of worship
- Proven excellence in educational, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a great interpersonal skill (people skills) to work with individuals in the congregation
- Skilled at leading people in God-honoring and heart-engaging worship
- We are looking for a certified Lutheran pastor. Master of Divinity not required.
- References will be required
What we offer a pastor:
- A dedicated congregation who is eager to grow in our Christian faith and fellowship in the community
- A large, beautiful, free standing established church.
- A wonderful town with growing employment opportunities.
- Manawa has a Pre-K-12 school district.
- Our community hosts a yearly Midwestern Rodeo, Snow/deo (parades, school sporting events, chamber of commerce and other city arranged events.
- Manawa also has a new park with pavilion and splash pad for the kids to play.
- Part-time: Approx. 15-20 per a week
- This is a Salaried Position
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Continuing education allowance
- Mileage to/from for home or hospital visits of congregation members, or other pre-approved travel
- Parsonage (negotiable)
- Weekly/Monthly Scheduled hours with some on call or flex needs