Position: Full-time Pastor
First United Lutheran Church
Roseau, Minnesota, United States
- Address: 101 3rd Ave SW, Roseau, Minnesota 56751
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Deb Forst
- Phone: 218.242.5781
- Email: email@example.com
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Full-time Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
First United Lutheran Church is seeking and praying for the right pastor to guide us as we grow and share God’s word with others. First United has been a member of the LCMC since 2010 and is steeped in traditional Lutheran values. We have come together by choice as a group of individuals to form this united congregation to worship God and to reach out to others to share God’s grace and love.
We have an average weekly attendance of seventy members. Our Sunday morning service is “non-liturgical” with a focus on worshipping God, and involving members of the congregation in the service. We believe that the Pastor should be our spiritual leader and we try to encourage spiritual growth by providing opportunities for people to be involved in each service. We have an active Sunday School that meets before service on Sundays from September to April. Our youth director leads youth programs that meet on Wednesdays.
Roseau is a small vibrant town located just 10 miles from the Canadian border in beautiful northwestern Minnesota. Roseau offers an excellent public school system, first class medical facilities, diverse civic and community organizations, and extensive hunting and fishing, and recreational opportunities. One of the most notable facts about Roseau is that it is the birthplace of Polaris Industries and still is home to one of the manufacturing plants. Roseau has something for every interest. You will enjoy what Roseau has to offer along with its unique beauty.
- Is to be Jesus focused and filled and lead by the Holy Spirit
- Believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the infallible authority in all matters of proclamation, faith, and life
- Has a passion for spiritual growth of the congregation and for teaching youth Biblical understanding and knowledge
- Preferably a member in good-standing of a Clergy Roster or graduate of an accredited Seminary
- Serve as our Spiritual leader and Christian role model
- Prepare and lead Sunday morning, Advent and Lenten services, and occasional Wednesday summer services
- Provide communion on the first and third Sunday of the month
- Teach confirmation in accordance with Luther’s Small Catechism
- Have a presence at Sunday School, Youth Group, and other youth activities
- Mentor other staff members and volunteers to help grow and develop our youth programs and guide additional opportunities for spiritual growth of the whole congregation
- Develop meaningful relationships with members of our congregation, other area churches, and community overall
- Make home, assisted living, nursing home, and hospital visits to those members who are confined and also provide communion to those who are unable to attend worship services
- Assist church secretary in maintaining church records
- Attend and become involved in community and school events
If you have any questions or would like to receive more information and a job application, please respond to the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.