Position: Senior Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
Brooks, Alberta, Canada
- Address: 811 Cassils Road West, Brooks, Alberta T1R 0C4
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Transition Team
- Phone: 403.362.4259
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Senior Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Trinity Lutheran Church
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
To serve as the leader of a two-pastor team at Trinity Lutheran Church with an emphasis on preaching, teaching and equipping.
- Serve as the Senior Pastor on the pastoral care team and supervise all office and program staff.
- Preach, teach and equip congregation in accordance with Lutheran theology acknowledging the Bible as the authoritative Word of God.
- Lead congregation in Trinity’s mission to “Serve Christ our Lord by welcoming, equipping & sending disciples.”
- Oversee congregational worship, baptisms, weddings, funerals and communion.
- Support all congregational programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement an action plan for delegation of responsibilities with associate pastor.
- Attend meetings and work along side various ministries and committees as directed by Council.
- Oversee and provide spiritual support including individual counseling and home visitation of sick, shut-ins and palliative individuals.
- Regularly pray for the congregation and its ministries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Council.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong Christian walk demonstrated by regular worship, Bible study and fellowship.
- Relevant and compelling sermon skills, preaching and teaching with excellence and clarity.
- Skilled communicator, demonstrating high emotional intelligence and maturity in relationships; self assured.
- Desire to grow and learn by seeking out and applying best practices from reading, studying and talking with others serving in a similar capacity.
- Strong organizational and servant leadership skills, empowering others for works of service.
- Ordained Pastor with a Master of Divinity.
- Church leadership experience in a multiple staff church with proven skills as a team player that seeks to empower congregation in living out the congregation’s mission and vision.
- Agree with Trinity’s statement of faith as a member of LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ) and be eligible to be included in the directory of pastors of the LCMC.
- Skills in the utilization of technology in furthering the reach of ministry to the congregation and community.
- Serve Christ our Lord by welcoming, equipping & sending disciples.
811 Cassils Road West Telephone • (403) 362-4259 www.brookstrinity.ca
Brooks, AB • T1R 0E4 Email • email@example.com
To view this position on our website, please visit: https://brookstrinity.ca/pastor-search
Additional Info on the website can be found: Community Profile and Congregational Profile