Cornerstone Lutheran Church
Beatrice, Nebraska, United States
- Address: 2342 Hoyt Street, Beatrice, Nebraska 68310
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Liz Daubendiek
- Phone: 402.239.8038
- Email: CornerstoneChurch.Call@yahoo.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
MISSION STATEMENT: “Cornerstone Lutheran exists to invite all people into a faith relationship with Jesus Christ; equip people for growth in this relationship, and send people into the community and work for service in His name.”
Cornerstone Lutheran Church is an LCMC affiliated family of believers who met together for the first time November 10, 2010. A group of believers across Gage County, Nebraska came together from numerous congregations in the area to rededicate to the Word of God, Worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth in a relaxed and friendly environment. Members originated from several congregations prompted by the August 2009 ELCA position on same-sex marriage. We are a group of faithful, devout believers who are steadfast on the rock of scripture as the inerrant Word of God, desiring to grow in the Word.
Prior to completion of our new building, we met in four different facilities. In 2013, four acres of land were purchased. Construction began in May, 2017. Our first service was held in our new building on January 7, 2018. Total cost of our handicap accessible building was $703,122.18 with the loan being paid off in 2021. A capital campaign is in progress: “Debt Retire & Grow West (DRGW)” for an addition to existing building.
Our congregation consists of 118 members with our average Worship attendance being approximately 60. We look forward to growing our congregation. Church volunteers currently provide cleaning services, social media postings, special music, and media operation. We contract mowing and snow removal and employ a part time Office Admin Assistant.
Members have the opportunity to serve on a variety of committees including: Building and Grounds, Education, Evangelism, Finance, Memorial, Nominating, Safety, Stewardship, Worship and Music, and Youth. We are a friendly, caring and welcoming group of believers who work together for the growth of God’s Word.
Cornerstone is seeking the leadership of a new pastor after our pastor of ten years retired. We are currently being served by an interim pastor who leads our Sunday worship, several weekly Bible studies and visits and communes members who are unable to attend services in person.
We provide in-person and on-line services. Our services offer a blend of contemporary and traditional music with Holy Communion offered twice a month. Youth & Adult Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and Confirmation classes are also offered.
- The Pastor should be LCMC Certified or willing to become Certified in a timely manner.
- A gift for preaching and teaching the Word of God.
- Has wisdom to accurately interpret the Bible and discover its meaning.
- The capacity to work effectively in a cooperative leadership environment and able to lead and direct the team.
- Character that exhibits the qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, Titus 1: 6-9 and 1 Peter 5: 2-4.
- An ability to relate to individuals with compassion, sensitivity, honesty, candor and confidence.
- Preach and teach the Word of God from the Holy Bible.
- Administer the Sacraments.
- Be the primary leader of all church ministries.
- Participate in and oversee the Christian Education of all ages.
- Work with the Worship and Music Committee in preparing appropriate worship services.
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform weddings, baptisms and funerals.
- Provide short-term counseling as needed.
- Be available and responsive to crisis situations and provide pastoral care through the most effective means possible.
- Implement ministries that reach the unchurched, in-actives and new area residents of our community with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Visit and minister to members and perspective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
- Provide leadership and advice to the church council, committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
Cornerstone Lutheran Church is in Beatrice, Nebraska which is approximately forty miles south of Lincoln. Beatrice is a rural community of just over 12,000 residents. We are located close to Lincoln and big city attractions; yet maintain a small-town friendly atmosphere. Beatrice’s cost of living is relatively low and stable. Beatrice has a hospital, recently expanded YMCA, community college, golf courses, walking/biking trails, numerous restaurants, public & parochial schools, and several parks.