Faith Lutheran Church
Hartwell, Georgia, United States
- Address: 691 Benson St, Hartwell, Georgia 30643
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Karen Neal
- Phone: 864.940.1959
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Faith Lutheran Church located in Hartwell, Georgia is seeking an enthusiastic, faith-driven pastor to lead, grow and inspire our congregation into the future. Hartwell is a fast-growing lake community located in Northeast Georgia about 100 miles from Atlanta. At the present time our current active membership is 34 households, 105 baptized with 89 confirmed. Our inaugural worship service was held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Hartwell, Georgia on June 20, 1993. The congregation grew and in 1999 moved into our first "home" at 900 Benson Street in Hartwell. Soon it was time to grow with Hartwell and plans were made to build a permanent church on a parcel of land the church owned at 691 Benson Street, Hartwell. The first worship service in our new church building was held on October 28, 2007. God has blessed us with His abundant love and grace; we have future plans of building a youth building and expanding our Fellowship Hall. To date Faith Lutheran has been generously blessed and carries no debt! We are so proud to call Faith Lutheran our church home.
We offer a Sunday morning worship service with an average attendance of 25 that is also live streamed on Facebook. Following worship and fellowship, we offer Sunday school for K-8th grade. Confirmation class is held on Wednesday nights. Men and women’s bible studies are offered once a week and the youth group meets on a routine basis. The Church staff includes a secretary, organist, a custodian, and many volunteers.
Hartwell is located in Northeast Georgia and is one of the fastest growing lake communities in the country! As Atlanta continues to move North and Greenville, SC moves South, where do they meet?.. In Lake Hartwell! We are 45 minute from the University of Georgia and 45 minutes from Clemson University.
- Lead Sunday worship and administer the Sacraments
- Lead special services including but not limited to weddings, baptisms, and funerals
- Lead Confirmation class
- Will work with us to bring young families into the congregation and will oversee the development of programs to meet their needs.
- Visible member of our community
- Conducts calls and visits for member comfort and care.
- Provides counseling for congregational members and the community as needed.
- Gets to know the congregational members and joins in fellowship events with them.
- Will work cooperatively with the church council, listening with an open mind and advising as needed.
- Remains accessible to the congregational members by maintaining regular office hours.
- Has prior experience as a lead Pastor.
- Is LCMC certified or is willing to become certified on the LCMC clergy roster in a timely manner.
- Is Ordained
- Will preach the Word, administer the sacraments, conduct public worship, and provide Pastoral care
- Strives to extend the Kingdom of God
- Submit your resume to: Karen Neal (Faithlutheranchurch@hartcom.net)
- All inquiries and applications will be reviewed by the call committee.
If these are the beliefs and talents that you have, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references by email or mail to the address below. However, we do reserve the right to re-open the application process if the Call Committee feels it is necessary. Sending taped or recorded sermons or a link to where they can be viewed online are strongly encouraged.
Faith Lutheran Church
ATTN: Karen Neal, Call Committee
691 Benson Street
Hartwell, Ga 30643
Hart County is located in Northeast Georgia and is one of the fastest growing lake communities in the country! As Atlanta continues to move North and Greenville, SC moves South, where do they meet?.. In Lake Hartwell! We are 45 minute from the University of GEorgia and 45 minutes from Clemson University.