Position: Youth and Family Director / Worship Leader
Faith Lutheran Church
Great Falls, Montana, United States
Youth and Family Director / Worship Leader
- Address: 1300 Ferguson Drive, Great Falls, Montana 59404
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Sherry Tempel
- Phone: 406.899.4218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Youth and Family Ministry & Worship Leader
- Position Title: Youth and Family Director / Worship Leader
- Position Type: Full Time
Faith Lutheran Church in beautiful Great Falls, Montana is praying for a Youth and Family Director/ Worship Leader, to continue our programs that are in place and to build and grow new ones.
We are a vibrant Bible-believing, Christ-following congregation. Our church Faith statement reads, “as Christ-followers, we love God, love others, and serve the world. This is the journey of faith.” We are a fairly large congregation of 648 confirmed members with a usual Covid attendance of 90-150. Our staff consists of one pastor, a Youth and Family Director (not currently filled), a pastoral associate, a music director, an office manager/secretary, a bookkeeper, and a custodian. Historically, our congregation was founded in 1952 as an ALC-affiliated congregation. In 1988, we transitioned to an ELCA affiliation. In 2010 we voted to separate from the ELCA and are now associated with the LCMC. We have a beautiful new facility located on the southwest side of Great Falls, Montana.
Faith Lutheran Church offers several opportunities for worship, spiritual growth, service, and fellowship to our members and neighbors. Our worship service on Sunday morning is a combination of traditional and contemporary pieces. Holy Communion is offered every Sunday. Our service is live-streamed and can be accessed through YouTube at Faith Lutheran Church Great Falls, Montana, and on our Facebook page. A coffee hour with treats is hosted after the Sunday morning worship. We bring worship services to some of our communities’ assisted living and long-term care facilities in our community (when allowed due to COVID lockdowns). Our spiritual growth is nurtured at several additional levels. On Sunday morning, a nursery is available to young parents (and grandparents). We have children’s church for ages 3 through 6th grade. Our confirmation is a two-year study of Luther’s Small Catechism and the Bible. These youth and the high school group meet every Wednesday evening. Several adult Bible study options are available on Sunday and during the week. We can boast of multiple services and fellowship opportunities; Love Day Quilting, Men of Faith, congregational care teams, support of local AA meetings, prayer shawl ministry, Soulo Sisters and Brothers, Praise Team, and the Faith Lutheran Church vocal and bell choirs to name some of them.
The population of Great Falls is 58,434 - which makes it the third-largest city in the state of Montana. Great Falls is a safe community and is home to Malmstrom Air Force Base. We have a school district that is forward-thinking and highly regarded. The community is very supportive of our schools, both public and private. There are several post-secondary educational options available. Our medical community is first class with multiple in-patients and out-patient facilities that provide comprehensive care.
The beauty of God’s creation can be seen all around Great Falls. We are centered between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. The Chamber of Commerce has put together an excellent resource that features most of the many attractions in Great Falls and the surrounding area. Whatever your interests are, Great Falls has it.
We are hoping that you will prayerfully consider becoming a part of the Faith Lutheran Church.
Faith Lutheran Church
YOUTH AND FAMILY DIRECTOR / WORSHIP LEADER
This position is responsible to perform the day-to-day operations of this position including creating a ministry that creates a safe relationship, a fun atmosphere, and a deeper connection with Jesus Christ. A ministry that supports the overall mission of Faith Lutheran Church to bring joy to Jesus and experience joy in him. Have a ministry, engage in meaningful relationships with peers, serve the community, and in the life of the greater church.
- A ministry that provides one on one interaction with caring individuals; small groups; and large group experiences.
- A ministry that involves, well-equipped volunteers who are growing in Christ through their service.
- A ministry that sees other ministries in the community as opportunities for cooperation, not as competition.
- A ministry that is leading individuals (inside and out) into a lifelong commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Coordinate spiritual formation programs for children, youth, their parents, and young adults.
- Provide primary leadership in developing appropriate and effective programs for youth, and their families, evaluating and recommending curriculum, and obtaining materials.
- Provide a teacher assistance and training program.
- Oversee and assist in recruiting a talented team of volunteers for youth and their family ministry
- Facilitates regular youth meetings for middle and high school students.
- Build relationships with young people of Faith Lutheran Church and the greater Great Falls area.
- Plan and promote camps, retreats, trips, concerts, mission trips, outreach events, etc.
- Build relationships with other ministry leaders in the area; seeking to cooperate for the benefit of kingdom building as much as possible.
- Integrate the children and youth ministry with the larger church body.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and all-other teams as appropriate to fulfill the overall vision of Faith Lutheran Church.
- Shall subscribe to and fully support the teaching of Faith Lutheran Church and the Senior Pastor.
- Partner with families to develop spiritually healthy homes.
- Create intentional pathways for high school, college-aged, and young adults to become connected to and serve within the church and community
- Develop and maintain working relationships with parents, involving them in all aspects of the ministry, including the continuation of the Young Couples Ministry.
Qualifications / Characteristics:
- Passionately in Love with Jesus
- Knows the bible and can relate your faith to everyday life
- Loves kids of all backgrounds and heritages, able to build trust with them and their parents.
- Ability to have fun, be serious, and maintain order in meetings.
- Ability to relate to youth and their families and have the physical and emotional stamina to keep up with them.
- Ability to teach and preach when needed, including children’s sermons
- Have good organizational and development skills
- Oversee the training of acolytes and nursery staff and make a weekly schedule for participants
- Oversee Children’s Church programs
- Take an active role in teaching catechism including classes with the Pastor, assisting with the planning of confirmation camp, teaching in the absence of the pastor, coordinating adult assistance, and keeping track of attendance and sermon notes.
- Ability to build and lead a team, and take it in a unified direction with the Senior Pastor and Faith Lutheran Church.
- Self-motivated, and self-productive no day to day oversight
- A coachable, lifelong learner, can accept constructive positive criticism
- Ability to communicate your Faith and Love of Christ.
- Having a working knowledge of the needs of youth and their families
- Personable and outgoing with an ability to relate well to people and recruit them into the ministry of Faith Lutheran Church for which they are gifted
- Attend staff and church meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor or the Faith Lutheran Church Council
- Provide monthly reports to the congregation through the church newsletter
- Adhere to all Faith Lutheran Church policies and procedures
- Preference may be given to a candidate with Christian ministry experience
- Degree preferred, with a willingness to learn
- Preferred musical and drama abilities
- Having a good computer and social media skills
- Is or will become a fully active member of Faith Lutheran Church within the first three months of employment
- Must pass a criminal background check and have no other legal issues related to children, sex, or drug issues
- Have been trained or willing to train on all matters of Sexual and Child Abuse and know the Montana Law related to the same. Report any occurrence or situation that is inappropriate to proper authorities immediately upon your knowledge.
Faith Lutheran Church (the Church) is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. The church is committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and equal access to its programs, services, and activities by following all applicable rules and laws related thereto. The Church will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on an individual’s race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, political beliefs, genetic information, veteran’s status, culture, social origin or condition, ancestry, or an individual’s association with individuals in any of the previously mentioned protected classes.