Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Hudson, Iowa, United States
- Address: 5831 Grundy Rd, Hudson, Iowa 50643
- Contact: Sammy Meier
- Phone: 563.525.9450
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Zion Lutheran Church is seeking a certified, full-time Pastor to serve the congregation and community after the recent retirement of its current Pastor. We are looking for a shepherd to guide us and lead us spiritually to grow in faith. We are seeking a bible-based educator for all ages to share our love of Christ.
Zion is a growth-oriented, open country church where people gather to worship and grow and then scatter to share the Good News of God’s love revealed in Jesus Christ. Zion is a member congregation of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). We are a neighboring town to one of Iowa’s major universities with a surrounding population of over 120,000 people. We invite you to share in the excitement of growing God’s great love.
We seek a candidate who brings insight, enthusiasm and spiritual maturity, with a strong personal and spiritual grounding. We seek someone who truly enjoys meeting with and working alongside both the young and the old, those who are house-bound as well as weekly-attenders. Our active faith community will welcome a leader with strong articulation skills, a compassionate heart and a contagious positive outlook. This position is the sole staff member, but we do have active committees that support the financial and structural foundation of our vibrant church life.
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- Possess the ability to relate to multiple generations
- Be a worship-leader by preparing sermons and researching/writing presentations on Bible lessons to the congregation to meet our spiritual needs and/or relate Biblical lessons to modern times
- Be willing to commit to pastoral care (visitation at homes and hospitals, plus phone calls)
- Officiate at special occasions in the lives of the congregation such as confirmations, weddings, baptisms, first communions and funerals and lead adult study groups and confirmation classes
- Help the church ministry by attending to administrative duties and be comfortable using technology
- Exhibit a strong moral character to give a good religious example to the congregation
- Direct community outreach (ex. Volunteerism, caroling, etc.)
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This pastor will have a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited Lutheran seminary and complete the requirements as outlined in the congregational bylaws. Our pastor should have proper LCMC certification or be working towards completion of LCMC certification.
On-site parsonage is available as part of the compensation package.
Candidates are invited to apply by sending their resume and credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5831 Grundy Road, Hudson, IA 50643 | www.zionlutheranhudson.com | Visit us on Facebook, Zion Lutheran Church, LCMC Hudson, Iowa