Position: Sole Pastor of One-Point Congregation
Our Savior's Lutheran Church
Lamberton, Minnesota, United States
Sole Pastor of One-Point Congregation
- Address: 17638 Hunter Ave, Lamberton, Minnesota 56152
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Charlene Graff
- Phone: 507.829.0105
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Sole Pastor of One-Point Congregation
- Position Type: Full Time
OUR SAVIOR’S LUTHERAN CHURCH | 805 BIRCH ST, PO BOX 67 | LAMBERTON, MN 56152 | (507)752-7334
OSLC Sole Pastor of One-Point Congregation
The Mission of Our Savior's Lutheran Church is to demonstrate Christ's Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community.
The congregation at Our Savior's Lutheran Church of Lamberton, a single point parish with one pastor. Our pastor has taken another call and we trust that the Lord is preparing our next pastor who will lead our congregation and be a part of our family and community. We are also confident that the Lord is preparing the congregation of Our Savior's and the community of Lamberton to recognize, welcome, and support our next pastor.
Our Savior’s recently celebrated our 50th year together in service to Christ. The congregation has a nice mixture of single adults, young families, empty-nesters, and elders, and averages 78 people at Sunday worship with a total 452 confirmed congregational members. Although we were a traditional congregation, we are moving towards more contemporary worship.
We have an active congregation with many volunteers filling all the various needs of a church. Stewardship is also high, and we’ve been able to repair the church roof, cement our large parking lot, and are currently working on new classroom dividers for Fellowship Hall. Our Savior's owns a very nice 4–5-bedroom, 2-bathroom parsonage with an attached double garage located a short distance from the church. At the present time we are remodeling the kitchen in the parsonage. Our church is debt-free with funds in savings and trust accounts.
- Facebook and website
- Mission envelope giving with a different mission each month
- Weekly Bible study at OSLC with local churches
- Once a month services at neighboring nursing home
- Rally Day Sunday potluck & celebration
- Streamed and recorded services
- 3 confirmation classes that meet Wednesdays after school
- 9:00am service with 10:15am Sunday School
- Holy Communion 1st and 2nd Sundays
- Updated LCMC “Reclaim” hymnals
- Children’s Message, bulletins, and activity bags at Sunday worship
- Luther League for older kids that include retreats and mission trips
- Women’s Group and Bible Study
- Media screens and software for worship
- Vacation Bible School for the community
The City of Lamberton is a community of 800 residents combining agriculture, industry, history, civic activities, recreation, and small-town charm for a wholesome and fulfilled lifestyle, making it an ideal place to reside or raise a family. This summer we are celebrating Lamberton’s 150 year with a weekend-long celebration including adult and kid activities, a flea market, grand parade, bands, food trucks, volleyball/baseball/basketball games and tournaments, contests, an all-school reunion, and loads of fun. In November 2021, district residents supported a referendum for $41 million towards a new PreK-12 school building to be built in Lamberton.
The community of Lamberton offers:
- A swimming pool
- A river park & campground and a city park
- Red Rock Central Schools, ranked as the 54th best MN school by U.S. World & News Report
- Community Center, Library, Fire Department, Ambulance Services
- Civic Groups including Lions, Legion Auxiliary, Sons of American Legion, Legionnaires, Lamberton Commercial Club, 4-H Clubs, Scouts, Lamberton Area Community Foundation, Friends of the Library, Lamberton Ambulance Association, Lamberton Firemen’s Relief Association, Swimming Pool Committee, Kuhar Park Committee, Lamberton Historical Society, summer softball & volleyball teams
- Annual summer community events Hot Iron Days, Hinterland Art Crawl, Taste of the Season & Parade of Lights
- Seven area churches
- Three golf clubs within twenty miles
- A fitness center
- A Medical Clinic
- Amateur baseball team, the Lamberton Long Sox
- A Nursing Home
Responsibilities of OSLC Pastor
- Serve as our Spiritual leader and Christian role model
- Prepare and lead Sunday morning (1 service at 9:00am), Advent and Lenten services
- Be available and willing to conduct counseling sessions, perform weddings, baptisms & funerals
- Provide communion on the first and second Sunday of the month
- Teach confirmation in accordance with Luther’s Small Catechism; three classes after school on Wednesdays during the school year
- Have a presence at Sunday School, Youth Group, and other youth activities
- Mentor other staff members and volunteers to help grow and develop our youth programs and guide additional opportunities for spiritual growth of the whole congregation
- Develop meaningful relationships with members of our congregation, other area churches, and the community overall
- Make home, assisted living, nursing home, and hospital visits to those members who are confined and provide communion to those who are unable to attend worship services
- Serve and provide leadership and advice to the church council (1st Wednesday of each month), Worship & Music Team, Life, Growth & Stewardship Team, Board of Education, Property Committee, Trust Committee, Women’s Group, Youth Group
- Implement ministries that reach out to the unchurched, inactive, and new area residents of our community with the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Direct church secretary, janitor, organist, and caretaker
- Assist church secretary in maintaining church records
- Attend and become involved in community and school events
CHAT Survey Results: to prepare for this call, our congregation very recently completed the CHAT survey, that helped assess the strengths and priorities of OSLC.
Top Strengths of OSLC
- Stewardship & Generosity: the church that stewards the abundant love of Christ in tangible ways will experience the joy of seeing how personal and financial gifts are multiplied for the glory of God.
- Wise Administration & Accountability: there is a utilization of appropriate facilities, equipment, and systems to maximize support for the growth and development of the church's ongoing ministry.
- God-Exalting Worship: the experience of gathering together for worship as the people of God Is refreshing and renewing, uplifting and meaningful.
- God’s Empowering Presence: the church actively seeks the direction and empowerment of the Holy Spirit for its daily life and ministry.
Top Areas of OSLC in Need of Improvement
- Networking with the Body of Christ: connecting with others of like mind and heart in places where Christ-centered worship, community service opportunities, church facilities and training events can all be shared in a spirit of cooperation and collective witness.
- Spiritual Disciplines: Teaching members how to maximize their personal time with the Lord in prayer, Scripture, and reflective disciplines will lead them into a deeper walk of faith.
- An Outward Focus: this may include reaching out evangelistically to unchurched neighbors, serving the tangible needs of people in impoverished communities, practicing hospitality to internationals living in our country, and/or supporting missionaries in other parts of the world.
- Servant- Leadership Development: begin fresh initiatives that will assist members in discovering their God-given gifts, provide places to utilize their gifts, train in the development of gifts, and commission members to serve God in a vast array of ministry arenas within and outside the local church.
This pastor will have a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited Lutheran seminary and complete the requirements as outlined in the congregational bylaws.
If after prayerful consideration you believe you (or someone you know) are interested in becoming our next Pastor, please submit your resume to the call committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the attention of the call committee at:
OSLC, 805 Birch Street, P.O. Box 67, Lamberton, MN 56152