St Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Jefferson, Wisconsin, United States
- Address: 324 S Sanborn Ave., Jefferson, Wisconsin 53549
- Affiliation: LCMC / NALC
- Contact: Dale Gaugert
- Phone: 608.212.3253
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Position Title: Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
St Mark’s Lutheran Church, 324 S Sanborn Ave, Jefferson, Wisconsin
Our vision is to be a vibrant church family of Christians, committed to growing the love of Christ by welcoming and inspiring ALL people, through worship, fellowship, service and outreach.
About our Church and Community:
St Mark’s is located in the small friendly city of Jefferson Wisconsin that has rural roots with 8000 residents. It is also the county seat. We are within easy driving distance of both Madison (state capital) and Milwaukee. Both cities have many cultural, sports, and event opportunities. Due to the proximity of these 2 major cities, there are many options for personal and professional growth, as well as many social outlets. The community has a strong German heritage which is celebrated annually each September
St Mark’s is a caring, hardworking congregation with a strong desire to grow. Our congregation encompasses all age groups with an active senior population. Within our church the current ethnic composition is predominately Caucasian. The community’s ethnic diversity is growing and there are opportunities for outreach.
The Jefferson school district is an excellent facility and has very high rankings. For example, the district has had a 36% increase in open enrollment/growth. The AP scores are in the top 3% of North America.
St Mark’s is searching for an inspirational shepherd to lead, providing ways to nurture and grow the congregation of all generations with an emphasis on young families and youth. We are seeking a personable, compassionate, approachable, and supportive minister to grow our church in the love of Christ.
- Evidence of a committed relationship with Jesus Christ and to our Congregation.
- Shepherd who is a dynamic teacher leader
- An inspiring shepherd who is an excellent communicator and teacher of God’s Word.
- Bible based teaching and sermons with a lasting message to all age groups
- Work cohesively and serve as a resource in providing leadership and direction to the Church council. Guide council in a way that is God driven.
- Help foster a positive work environment for all staff on day-to-day basis
- Provide monthly pastoral report at council meetings
- Regularly and faithfully preach and teach the Word of God and administer sacraments
- Provide education to the youth in relation to First Communion and Confirmation Classes,
- Conduct Adult Christian Education through Bible Study and other educational opportunities
- Represent St Mark’s in the city of Jefferson and rural communities and beyond by participating in local affairs as time and opportunity permits.
- Support St Mark’s in congregational growth through outreach and evangelism
- Bring creative and new ideas for the development of youth programs
- Has the ability to develop and motivate congregational members to grow in their leadership and to participate in church activities
- Being flexible and available to Minister to all member’s needs through home visits, hospital visits, personal counseling sessions, weddings, funerals, baptisms, confirmation, etc.
Education and Experience:
Lutheran Seminary Degree
Pastoral experience preferred
NALC Certification prior to Installation
St Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
Call Committee Chair:
Phone H: 920-674-4422
- 1 Fulltime Pastor
- 1 Part-time secretary
- 1 Part-time custodian
- 1 Part-time Music Director
- 1 Christian Education Director and director of Small World Preschool
- Funding available for Youth Director
Important Church History:
- Congregation formed in 1923
- Left ELCA in 2011 and joined the NALC and LCMC
- Addition of Small World PreSchool
- History of Pastor longevity
- Worship Services: 5 PM Saturday and 9AM Sunday
- Holy Communion is offered at each service
- Traditional Vestments and Banners are utilized
- Liturgy is a flexible combination of traditional and contemporary components
- Music: Adult choir, special small music groups, instrumental and vocal solos, favorite hymn services, Praise Band, Children Singing events, Music Videos.
- Utilize the Ev. Lutheran Worship 2006 (red hymnal) and the Hymnal for Worship and Celebration is available. The worship service is printed in the bulletin and available on 3 large screen TV’s.
- Weekly adult Bible Study
- Weekly Men’s Bible Study Breakfast at a local restaurant
- Children’s Sunday School (Sept-May)
- Vacation Bible School for students 3 yrs. old through 5th grade.
- First Communion Classes for Students in 5th grade
- Confirmation Instruction for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Students
- Church Library is available for all generations
- Manna Monday (Free Community Meal)
- Food Pantry Collections
- Dinners and Luncheons for fellowship or fund raising
- Women’s Circle
- Quilt Making
- Grief Share
- Preschool school program
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Care Team ministry for shut ins or those in need
- Social Committee working to enhance fellowship within the congregation
A brief message from our former pastor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF853hIcCj8
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR OUR CONGREGATION, PLEASE APPLY.