Position: Next-Gen Leader
Messiah Lutheran Church
Joliet, Illinois, United States
- Address: 40 Houbolt Rd., Joliet, Illinois 60431
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: David Stier
- Phone: 815.741.4488
- Email: Pastor.Stier@mlcjoliet.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Youth Ministry
- Position Title: Next-Gen Leader
- Position Type: Full Time
This individual will have a well-defined personal relationship with Jesus Christ, which is expressed and demonstrated in their personal, professional and community life. The preferred candidate will be one with a degree or perusing a degree in Bible, youth/children’s ministry, or related fields. We desire a well-organized, highly motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a staff.
It is the goal of our church to produce well-balanced worship opportunities for our children and their families. We desire to build up families to have a firm base in Jesus Christ and to be equipped, through their experiences at Messiah, to meet the changing demands of our modern world.
This is a NEW Position for our Church, the following job discription is not intended to be all incompasing nor is it a "To Do List" it's an overview of what things could look like.
- In partnership with the Pastoral Staff and C.E. (Christian Education) team be an active part of the children’s Sunday school program
- In partnership with the Pastoral Staff and C.E. Team. Lead monthly programming for children Pre-K-5th grades. These monthly programs may involve:
- Recreational events
- Outreach events
- Service opportunities
- In partnership with the Pastoral Staff and C.E. Team. Lead and disciple others to lead Messiah Kids 11. (30 min. Sunday morning kid’s “breakout”)
- Lead and/or disciple others to lead Messiah Kids Wednesday “mid-week” gathering.
- Work with volunteers who assist in various children’s and youth ministry opportunities.
- Actively participate in worship at MLC.
- Organize, lead, and disciple others to lead yearly week-long VBS or program or similar in nature.
- Organize, and disciple others who lead outreach to children and families in our community. (Stay & Play, M.O.P.S. Connect w/ home school and Y.M.C.A. partners)
- In partnership with the Pastoral Staff and Youth Board, be active in the middle school youth program. (Head 2 Heart)
- In partnership with the Pastoral Staff and Youth Board. Lead programming for groups in grades 6-8, and 9-12.
- Lead and/or disciple others who lead weekly 9-12 grade Bible study and youth gaterings.
- Organize, lead and/or disciple others who lead
- recreational events
- Outreach events Service opportunities to:
- The church body
- Local mission opportunities
- Regional mission opportunities
- Youth Leadership Team
- Actively develop personal relationships with, children, youth, and families.
- Be available to youth, and families to discuss personal matters and make appropriate referrals to trained professionals as necessary.
- Engage with youth and families in the community. (Attend sports, preforming arts, and other public events as able.)
We are a stable, (re)growing church. Our Retired Pastor has been with us for almost 40 years, Lead Pastor 13 years, Associate Pastor 17 years. We are excited about what God is doing in the church. Our fresh 5-year vision on how we fulfill our Mission is:
BRING: God brings you into relationship with Jesus
BUILD: God builds you up to be like Christ
BUMP: God Bumps into the World through you:
Messiah is a medium sized church (approximately 250 worshipers on any given Sunday). We have several worship formats from a Formal Vespers Liturgy to our Modern Family Praise and Worship service. Many styles of worship but the one true Gospel is presented at each. We are a LCMC church. We do not belong to a synod. https://www.lcmc.net/who-we-are
We are located in Joliet, Illinois, a community of approximately 150,000, situated 45 miles southwest of Chicago. Currently, Joliet (Will County) was one of the fastest growing counties in the United States in the last decade. It is a city offering a variety of great attractions, fun festivals, sports and entertainment venues. Our church is on the growing edge of that community at the intersection of I-80 and I-55.
Joliet is also host to both the Route 66 Drag Strip and the Chicago land Speedway, as well as Bicentennial Park, Rialto Square Theater and the Joliet Area Historical Museum. The area is also the home of University of St. Francis, Lewis University, Joliet Junior College and is convenient to all that the Chicago metro area has to offer.