A new pastor for St. Paul’s Lutheran Church would ideally be someone possessing these qualities and practices:
- Family oriented – We would like a pastor who can reach out and touch families of all ages within our congregation and within the community. This would include strong communication skills with groups, and one-on-one contact through phone calls and personal meetings.
- Bible-Centered – A spiritual leader who preaches scripture from the Bible. Someone who models a strong Christian walk, demonstrated though regular worship, Bible study and fellowship.
- Desire to grow and learn by seeking out and applying new ideas from reading, studying and talking with others serving in a similar capacity.
- Assist with expansion of youth group – We would like to have a pastor assist in the growth of a youth group, and interact directly with the youth, conveying the message that they are an important part of our church body.
- We would like a pastor who can teach us to be evangelists and reach out to the community.
- Desire to work as a team member to grow St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in spirituality and knowledge of the Bible, outreach, attendance/membership and participation.
- Personal computer skills to support the creation of communication pieces, in a variety of media forms.