Position: Senior Pastor
Charity Lutheran Church
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
- Address: 120 Aspen Ave, Bismarck, North Dakota 58503
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Beth Allen
- Phone: 701.400.1106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Senior Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Charity is a shelter in Jesus Christ welcoming all into faith and fellowship and preparing disciples for meaningful service in the world through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Charity is a place for healing where changed lives are gifted and empowered by the Holy Spirit and released to serve in the community for the glory of Christ.
Who We Are:
Charity Lutheran Church is a 44-year-old congregation in the growing community of Bismarck, N.D. Bismarck is North Dakota’s capital city and is part of the larger Bismarck-Mandan economic region, with a population exceeding 100,000. Bismarck overlooks the Missouri River, a popular natural resource with beaches and sandbars used extensively for recreation and conservation.
While Charity is a relatively young church, it was one of the first churches to join the Lutheran Churches in Mission for Christ, joining in 2001, and was the first LCMC church in the Bismarck-Mandan area.
Charity Lutheran today has a strong core group of faithful parishioners who are committed to the axiom that the church is not the building nor the pastor, but rather the people. Our church has been through a challenging year in 2022, and is now poised to move forward and is seeking a senior pastor who can guide us on this journey.
Our New Senior Pastor
We believe God has someone special and ideally suited to meet our opportunities and challenges
at Charity. This person will:
- Believe in the Bible as the inerrant Word of God and have the ability to preach with simplicity, sincerity, storytelling, spiritual transcendence, and a sense of humor in a way that engages with parishioners.
- Bring the experience and commitment necessary to rebuild and grow our children’s and youth ministry programs.
- Have a history of demonstrated leadership and be the primary guide moving our church forward.
- Have the ability to help parishioners relate their faith in their daily lives, and be passionate about equipping our members to share their faith through ministry.
- Model strong Christian character as a devoted follower of Jesus Christ in life, family, community and as a representative of Charity.
- Shepherd staff and, as such, be responsible for staff management and performance. (There are four full-time and three part-time staff members, with potential additional openings to fill.)
- Be a compassionate person, a visionary, an encourager, and personable.
- Hold a Master of Divinity.
- Be certified with LCMC, or be willing to become certified before a called vote.
At Charity, you will find:
- A debt-free church with faithful and dedicated volunteers.
- An experienced staff looking for direction and guidance, and a stalwart, faithful Vision Council, our governing board.
- A church that is mission-driven, supporting and sending teen and adult parishioner missionaries overseas as well as in Central America and our local area. Our most recent mission was sending our interim pastor and a parishioner, both military veterans, into Ukraine for several days. We currently budget 12 percent of our annual budget for benevolence.
- A church committed to rebuilding our children’s and youth ministries, which have a long and strong history of being vibrant and active.
- A church with a history of active adult small group ministries and Bible studies and an active, strong, and growing Stephen Ministry program.
- A community teeming with warm-hearted people who enjoy all the activities of the four seasons.
If you feel led to learn more about this pastoral opportunity, we encourage you to contact us. The job description can be found here, More information about our mission and ministries can be found at our website, www.charitylutheran.org.
If you have questions or would like a complete call packet, including the congregational profile, please contact: Beth Allen, Call Committee Chair
Ph. (701) 400-1106
Position will be open until filled. Our intention is to begin interviews in March, 2023.