Position: Director of Student and Family Ministries
Our Saviours Lutheran Church
Stanwood, Washington, United States
Director of Student and Family Ministries
- Address: 27201 99th Avenue NW, PO Box 370, Stanwood, Washington 98292
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Linda Hammer
- Phone: 360.629.3767
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Youth Ministry
- Position Title: Director of Student and Family Ministries
- Position Type: Full Time
OSLC Mission Statement: Encountering God; Encouraging believers; Extending the Kingdom
Job Title: Director of Student and Family Ministries Reports To: Senior Pastor
Hours: Full Time - 40+ hours Flexible based on church activities Salary: $45,000-$65,000 (+ benefits) DOE
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Director of Student and Family Ministries is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program for Christian growth of youth ages 6th through 12th grade and family ministries. This position engages and encourages our youth to build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by worshipping God, connecting with each other, discovering God’s Word, serving our community, and sharing Christ with others. The position will develop and implement a vibrant youth program to enable Our Saviours to reach, disciple, and inspire youth to live as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Student and Family Minister serves as a spiritual leader and role model in the church and community.
Student and Family Christian Development
- Work with the Pastor to provide a balanced approach to the planning, selection, organization, coordination and leadership of the Christian education curriculum, programs, and activities and events for the youth andfamilies.
- Plan, coordinate, and develop a strategy to build upon the curriculum and activities for, Middle and High School Youth weekly programs and Sunday mornings, confirmation, and family/communityevents.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministries Leader, who will lead activities for children pre-k through 5th grade.
- Assess and identify the needs of all youth within the church family and larger community to which the churchministers.
- Plan a year-round calendar and provide consistent and timely communication with youth, families, staff, council, and the congregation aboutprograms.
- Ensure that the youth ministries are providing biblical instructionin agreement with the mission and philosophy of thechurch.
- Assess the effectiveness of ministry activities and programs; make revisions as needed to enhance spiritual growth and socialachievement.
- Regularly attend worship and participate in the life of thecongregation.
Member, Visitor, and Community Relationship
- Provide leadership in welcoming and integrating new and existing church members and visitors.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new youth and families into the broader life of thechurch
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings to meet the needs and expectations of families attending thechurch.
- Create a strategy to develop an effective social media presence for the youth ministry. Leverage social media as a tool of connecting and engaging with the youth at their generational level, within their age context and communication channels. Ensure social media communication is professional and within guidelines set forth by church by-laws and thePastor.
- Provide communication for youth, the congregation, and the community through newsletters, newspapers, church website, bulletin boards, etc., in conjunction with the administrative arm of thechurch.
- Partner and build relationships with parents/guardians, local schools, churches, and community organizations to be a champion for youth.
- Participate in community events to give of service, minister to unbelievers of Christ, and invite non-members to participate in church activities.
- Serve as a source of spiritual support to youth, families, volunteers, andstaff.
- Model spiritual vitality andaccountability.
- Recruit and train volunteers with a calling to work with youth.
- Develop a strategy to increase volunteer engagement and retention in youthactivities.
- Partner with the Pastor and council to develop an annual budget which supports the youth ministries. Manage annual spending in accordance with the budget.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly councilmeetings
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies and practices in support of weekly services, events, andactivities.
- Maintain and enforce all policies related to safe environments including, but not limited to background checks, preventing harassment, privacy, and confidentiality, etc.
- Perform all other duties as needed, required, ordirected.
The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Further, qualified individuals must be member of Our Saviour’s Church or willing to become a member.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Theology, Youth Ministry, Education, Psychology, or its equivalent preferred; a minimum of 5 years of experience working with youth and families in a Christian environment, social services, or education.
- Commitment to the mission and beliefs ofOSLC.
- Have a passion for serving students and theirfamilies.
- Able to pursue creative approaches for all aspects of youthministry.
- Ability to be flexible due to changing schedule and varying work hours anddays.
- Volunteer management andrecruitment.
- Strong communication, organization, and leadershipskills.
- Exceptional planning, time management, and organizationalskills.
- Ability to engage in effective conflict resolution and defuse tense situations; Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and willing to try newthings.
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through oncommitments.
- Musical abilities aplus.
- Current driver’s license with satisfactory drivingrecord
- At least threereferences
- Must submit to beingfingerprinted
- Must pass WSP backgroundcheck
To apply email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Youth and Family Ministries” in the subject line.