St. John’s Church is looking for a full-time Associate Pastor to offer leadership and shepherding to our growing family of faith. This person will work in partnership with our lead pastor, staff and strong volunteer teams to lead and expand our ministry to all ages, with emphasis in the following areas:
- Youth, Children and Family Ministry
- Partnership with our lead pastor in all aspects of ministry, including vision casting, prayer and care, worship and preaching, outreach and other areas as needs and gifts align
This is a full-time, salary position with excellent full benefits available. Salary will be competitive based on qualifications and experience.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with children and/or youth
- Strong and obvious love of people
- Strong work ethic and ownership mentality
- Leadership integrity (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:7-9) and humility (1 John 1:8-10)
- Strong love for and knowledge of God’s Word
- Formal education and/or significant current experience in ministry leadership
- Sense of humor a big plus (because we like to have fun!)
Interested candidates do not need to be from a Lutheran background, as St. John’s is a unique community of people from a variety of different churched and unchurched experiences.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and any other relevant info to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download a fulll position packet at stjohnselkhorn.com/employment.
St. John’s is an independent church, part of the new, evangelical and mission-focused association Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (lcmc.net) and a charter member of a grassroots movement of churches in Walworth County across denominational lines called Refresh (refreshchurches.com). We are located in the middle of beautiful Walworth County, commonly referred to as the “lakes area” of southeastern Wisconsin. Approximately one hour from Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, this area is a popular vacation getaway for city dwellers, but also a great place to raise a family with friendly residential neighborhoods and top-rated schools.