Position: Communications Director
Redeemer Lutheran Church
Fridley, Minnesota, United States
- Address: 61 Mississippi Way NE, Fridley, Minnesota 55432
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Annette Beseman
- Phone: 763.574.7445
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Communications
- Position Title: Communications Director
- Position Type: Full Time
Our mission is to transform ordinary people into extraordinary followers of Christ. In the past year we have embarked on an exciting, God-sized vision to double our impact and double our size over the next 10 years. What this means is that we are committed to increasingly serve our local and global communities and share our faith so that more people will find hope and faith in Jesus right here in our church.
About the Position
This is a brand new position for Redeemer that we believe is a critical addition to our staff team in order to carry out our bold vision. This is the perfect position for someone who wants to lead the charge to take Redeemer to a new level of communication that advances the vision and tells the stories of Redeemer, our people and our ministries that are high-quality, high-impact and engage both internal (congregation) and external (community) audiences.
What you get to do
1. Create and maintain a visual identity or brand for Redeemer that is consistently applied across all ministries and programs.
2. Identify and cultivate a variety of communication vehicles, with emphasis on web, social media and electronic vehicles. We have lots of room to grow in these areas!
3. Collaborate with staff and ministry leaders to create and implement communication strategies to inspire their specific audiences to respond to offered events, activities, meetings, classes, and programs.
4. Help to develop a presence and reputation for Redeemer in the community.
5. Provide communication support for weekly and special worship services.
6. Carry out the responsibilities of the position through the development and leadership of teams.
Skills that would make you successful
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Creative storytelling
3. Organizational branding
4. Website design/development
5. Graphic design
6. Social Media
7. Video production – not required, but a plus!
8. Software – Adobe/Indesign, MediaShout (ProPresenter), Office 365
2. Team builder
4. Project manager
1. You are a college graduate with education or training in communication, graphic design, video production or other disciplines related to the position.
2. You have at least 2 years of related experience. It would be great if you have experience in a church or non-profit, but we’d love to hear if you are feeling the nudge to use your talents to serve a church for the first time.
3. You are willing to make Redeemer your church home. It’s a great community!
4. You can align with the core values embraced by each member of the Redeemer Staff:
- Live a life grounded in Christ, Holy Spirit empowered, passionate for God
- Outward focused and invitational (evangelistic)
- Joyful and fun
- Servant-hearted; goes above and beyond
- Integrity – authentic, honest, and trustworthy
- Team player
- Warm and friendly
- Gets it – understands their role, the culture, the systems, the pace, and how the job comes together
- Wants it – understands their role and wants to do it based on fair compensation and responsibility
- Capacity to do it – has time, mental, physical, emotional capacity to do job well
Submit resumes to Annette Beseman, Director of Adminsitration, by February 26, 2019. Complete Position Results Description available at www.redeemermn.org/careers.