Associate Pastor - Peace Lutheran Church, Belgrade, MT
Peace Lutheran Church, located in Belgrade, Montana, is searching for a full-time associate pastor to join our Peace family and work in conjunction with our Senior Pastor, Bob Coughlin. The ideal candidate will have both leadership and nurturing characteristics to shepherd and support our congregation and its mission for Christ.
Belgrade is located 10 miles west of Bozeman in Gallatin county, the fastest growing area in the state. Bozeman is home to Montana Bible College, Montana State University – Montana’s largest university, and Bozeman-Yellowstone International Airport – Montana’s busiest airport. The Gallatin valley has a thriving collection of high-tech startups, entrepreneurs, outdoor enthusiasts and energetic retirees. Belgrade is a neighboring community to Bozeman but continues to retain its own rural, small-town flavor.
Peace Lutheran has been a significant part of southwest Montana and the Belgrade community since 1982. Our congregation is growing and contributing more to benevolence than ever before – both financially and through our services.
Responsibilities for Peace Lutheran’s Associate Pastor will include:
- Preaching to inspire, educate and connect the unchanging message and power of God’s word to today’s changing world
- Leading worship
- Administering the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s supper
- Working in conjunction with, advising, and mentoring church staff and council
- Congregational care and spiritual growth, including counseling and visiting the sick and homebound
- Community ministry – participating in benevolence and activity in our local community
- Providing both guidance and teaching for ALL levels of church education
For more information about Peace Lutheran, visit peace2you.org
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, references and any other relevant information to: Call Committee Chairman: Dr. Bruce Sorenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406 580-6297(text) and/or Peace Lutheran Council President: John Gillis at email@example.com