Trinity Lutheran of Minnehaha Falls is looking for a spiritually-mature, musically-gifted, biblically-grounded Christian to lead worship at the contemporary worship services at our church, under the direction of our lead pastor. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship and experience leading worship teams. This is a 20 hour per week position that will start early 2019.
• Work with the lead pastor to plan the worship services.
• Lead all music at contemporary worship services.
• Develop a process to regularly identify, develop, and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
• Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship team(s).
• Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
• Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry.
• Attend church staff meetings and retreats as directed by the lead pastor.
• 2 years’ experience leading contemporary worship.
• Demonstrated skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
• Broad knowledge of Christian worship music.
• Should be proficient in reading music and chord charts.
• Should have experience leading and managing teams with strong organization and communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically worship music) is preferred.
• Agreement with our church’s statement of faith and a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
At Trinity we are passionate about making Jesus known locally and to the ends of the earth. We have a long history of being a beacon of hope to our community. In our 95-year history we have adapted to the many changes in culture to continue to make Jesus known. As a church we value the scriptures, a Christ-centered approach to ministry, the power of the Holy Spirit in prayer, the priesthood of all believers, and investing in the next generation. More can be found at our website trinityfalls.org
To apply send your cover letter and resume (if possible a 10 minute video of you leading worship) to Pastor Matt Oxendale by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.