Children’s Ministry Director:
We’re looking for someone who loves Jesus, the church, and families to lead our church’s efforts to minister to children in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has significant experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds. The position will begin early 2019.
- Oversee all programming for children and families throughout the church.
- Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
- Plan and oversee special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, and summer camp.
- In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishments of the children’s ministry.
- Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
- Manage all children’s ministry staff that work with children from infancy through fifth grade.
- Identify and execute ministry and missions opportunities for children to participate in.
- Explore emerging technologies that help engage more volunteers in the ministry of the church.
- In consultation with other children’s ministry leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in education or Christian ministry).
- Experience in a part-time or full-time ministry situation with children. At least 3 years of total ministry experience.
- A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the concepts outlined in “Sticky Faith” as developed by the Fuller Youth Institute is a bonus.
- A commitment to the mission of our church.
- Agreement with our church’s statement of faith and a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- Skill in leading children in worship through music.
At Trinity, we are passionate about making Jesus known locally and to the ends of the earth. We have a long history of being a beacon of hope for our community. In our 95-year history, we have adapted to the many changes in culture to continue to make Jesus known. As a church, we value the scriptures, a Christ-centered approach to ministry, the power of the Holy Spirit in prayer, the priesthood of all believers, and investing in the next generation. More can be found on our website at trinityfalls.org.
Apply by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com.