Central (clcelkriver.org) is located in Elk River, Minnesota and is a community of people seeking to explore, discover, and live in the ways of Jesus. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus, and all that we do flows out from our desire to BE connected to Jesus, GROW together, SERVE others, and SHARE the good news.
Our Student Ministries encompasses all 6th – 12th graders (anywhere from 150-250 kids, depending on the year) and is driven by our 35+ adult volunteer leaders. Our hope is to introduce kids to Jesus and take them deeper in their faith through worship gatherings, adult mentoring, camps and trips, Confirmation, and other experiences designed to awaken young people to the love of God in Christ Jesus.
The Director of Student Ministries will oversee all of our ministry to 6th graders through 12th graders at Central. This includes recruiting and training adult volunteers, overseeing our Echo worship gatherings, leading camps and trips throughout the year, directing our Confirmation program, and maintaining a loving presence in the Elk River community through contact ministry.
What Kind of Person We’re Looking For (qualifications):
- Someone committed to following Jesus and making disciples of Jesus
- A College Degree (further continuing education is available)
- Previous ministry experience is preferred, but not required
- Someone who is humble, hungry, and smart. This role requires someone who is willing to learn and grow, someone who is self-motivated and an initiator, and someone with some skills and giftings to oversee the ministry.
- Full time position with commensurate salary and benefits
- Please submit resume with cover letter, and any inquiries, to Rachel Pederson at firstname.lastname@example.org